Anonymous
Years ago

Anyone Know why ESPN are showing less NBA Playoff?

Anyone Know why ESPN are showing less NBA Playoff?

Topic #41243 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umm they are actually showing more than last season.

Reply #634672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Under the expanded agreement, ESPN will televise:

• Up to 188 regular-season games (up from 88 in 2015-16) including five Boxing Day games back-to-back

• Up to 53 playoff games (up from 45 games in 2015-16) including the entirety of the Eastern and Western Conference Finals and every game of the NBA Finals"

Sauce:

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/15816035/espn-doubles-nba-coverage-australia-new-zealand

Reply #634673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here's a tip:

Download the WatchESPN APP on your iPad or iPhone or go to watchespn.com.au on your computer.

Login using your FOXTEL login (assuming you have FOXTEL) and you can stream all the NBA finals plus other events/games that aren't on ESPN or ESPN2. I used this for the March Madness to choose which games I watched, as opposed to 7-10 minutes of each game, and have throughout the NBA playoffs as many games that aren't on the 2 main channels are still view-able via this platform. I don't understand why this isn't promoted more from FOXTEL.

Reply #634692 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I've got the watch espn app, and todays games (Cavs vs Raps and Rockets Spurs) weren't on

Reply #634712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cram is right. I belive the Anon above him is confusing NCAA with NBA.

Yes, during the NCAA coverage would go from one game to the other, so you saw snippets of each. But if you wanted to see each full game you could on WatchESPN. However this is not the case with NBA - if it isn't airing on ESPN/ESPN2 it won't be on WatchESPN either.

Reply #634723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There were some games in the 1st round of the NBA playoffs that weren't on ESPN or ESPN2 but I could watch via the app or website. Perhaps yesterday was an anomaly. It may pay to check each day and see what is available.

Reply #634737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh ok anon. Maybe the games that weren't on ESPN/ESPN2 but were on WatchESPN they had rights to but couldn't fit onto the main channels as they were airing other live events. But from the article quoted they don't have rights to every playoff game for early rounds, all games 100% covered starting from conference finals however.

Reply #634745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that's correct. Not all games but most. For example, the Wizards V Celtics game is on the watchESPN.com now but isn't on either ESPN or ESPN2. It's a bit hit and miss but better than nothing

Reply #634748 | Report this post

Hespect  
Years ago

Celtics v Wash game is on Espn

Reply #634750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BOS-WAS is on ESPN so anon not sure what you are on about???

Reply #634751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think anon must be getting confused with ESPN US.

ESPN Australia is showing BOS-WAS right now, which is sourced from TNT in the States.

Reply #634752 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:32 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754