Isaac
Years ago

Lightning sign Abby Bishop

Nice centrepiece for the Lightning!

MAC Adelaide Lightning have scored the club's biggest recruiting coup in almost a decade, signing Abby Bishop for the 2017-18 WNBL season.

The South Australian-born London Olympian is a multiple-WNBL championship winner and was league MVP in 2015 while playing for Canberra Capitals.

"I am really grateful for the opportunity to come back to my home state to play," Bishop said.

"I grew up in country SA and played a lot of basketball in Adelaide, so this is close to my heart, as I often look back and think about how it all started.

The signing of the 189cm 28-year-old is a massive coup for Lightning and coach Chris Lucas, with the club striving to bring marquee locals back into the program.
Full story

Topic #41248 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Solid signing. Hopefully Hodges stays and we can build around those 2.
Does it count as the biggest coup in the last decade, when she played for us 5 years ago?

Reply #634764 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Great pick up by Lucas, she will do well there, who else have they signed?

Reply #634771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5'10 pg Clydesdale
6'3 pf Bishop
5'7 pg Elsworthy
6'3 c Brook

Reply #634773 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Would've thought the Suzy Batkovic signing was a bigger coup.

Reply #634777 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Especially since Boti carries a pretty serious torch for Batkovic!

Reply #634804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hang on.. Isaac... Have they sign Suzy as well ??? or are you referring to her previous time here..?

Reply #634806 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

^
Assuming that was in reply to the biggest recruiting coup in almost a decade claim.

So Hodges is leaving? Or is she just not signed yet?

Reply #634810 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed at the last time bishop played here that batkovic was out injured for a little while and bishop took over like some kinda supaplayer...

Reply #634825 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

....while only yesterday , i read the i ching..
..it said there'd be some lightning...
... that would strike...

Reply #634958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel still on the meds I see

Reply #634968 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:26 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754