Kent Brockman
Years ago

Markovic...would you play him

What would you do if you are Markovic's coach.

He has not played a minute in the preseason, has not attended any trainings yet the pigs are forcing him to honour his contract and play this season.

Would you want to have a player like that on your team let alone force him contractually to turn up.

Do the pigs think that he is going to play his best ball in the mental state he is in at the moment?

Topic #4125 | Report this topic

40th Street Black  
Years ago

I would sell his contract to a team in Kurdikstan.

If he refuses to play then they surely they wouldn't have to pay him?

Maybe the Pigs could 'loan' him to Kurdikstan like they do in soccer and then team gets paid $$$

Reply #47917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does he not have a european out-clause?

Reply #47918 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

He must play, and be on the court for the whole of the game, he is their only option at point guard (and he is in my NBL GM team).

Reply #47919 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Nutwork - you can change your team in NBL GM until the last minute.

Reply #47937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does he not want to play??

Reply #47939 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Been offered a big deal to play in Belgrade and wants out of his contract. I've heard some say that he has a Euro-out but others say that he doesn't.

Latest news is that West Sydney have talked to BA and stated that Markovic is a required player and that they can't let him leave with the season starting in a few days.

Reply #47940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let him go. Nothing worse than a sulking player.

Granted you don't want to lose his talent but the team will suffer if he stays and is not happy, not to mention his own play.

Reply #47951 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

play him for spite!

Reply #47965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hes in my nbl dream team force him to play

Reply #47998 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Just make him stay in teh squad and sit him on the bench for the first few games. Might teach him some manners and not to sign a contract when you dont want to play.

Reply #48012 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

play him for 40 minutes.

sure the team chemistry may suffer, but at least my NBL fantasy team wont.

Reply #48013 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

While on the surface he may seem like a bad guy for trying to leave, who can blame the kid ?
He s got a lot of talent and will carve it up in the NBL this year if he plays. Let him go to Europe be a better player, learn- get shat on by the best Euro players and comeback and play for Australia when he can.
Why should we expect him to entertain us here when his dreams have always been overseas ? He is young and is allowed to be selfish as he has a very short career and window to make it all happen.
If he has a Euro out-clause let him go !

Dr Bullshit ...

Bench him ? LOL you are kidding right? They have no real PG to speak of except Markovic - bench him.. hmm shooting yourself in the foot sounds like a BAD idea if you ask me.

Reply #48019 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

There is no way a player that dosent want to be on the team can be a good influence on the rest of the guys ... let him go ...

Then sign some young guys for the future and bulid around Harvey for this season.. with or with out Markovic it was going to be a tuff season to see the pigs making the finals

Reply #48043 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

In reality they will release him, you cant have a player stay against his will and expect him to contribute. That said his reputation is shot now, so euro is his option.

Reply #48154 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754