Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email [email protected] for rates and options.

Dunk Basketball Uniforms

AD: Office space available in Adelaide CBD @ 313 Halifax St;
Suit creatives; freelance desks or space for 2-4 person business. More info

Anonymous
Earlier this month

International break during NBL season

"The NBL have confirmed that the upcoming season will have 2 x ten day stand down windows to allow all New Zealand and Australian NBL players the opportunity to represent their national teams. This news came out following the FIBA World Cup Qualifier draw that will see the Boomers taking on Chinese Taipei, Japan and the Phillipines in Group B of the FIBA Asia and FIBA Oceania FIBA World Cup qualifiers."

Report this topic

Anonymous
Earlier this month
16:35 9 May 17

Reply #635419

re: International break during NBL season

With two ten-day windows no wonder Fox signed up for WNBL coverage. It will act as filler while NBL down tools.

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this month
16:47 9 May 17

Reply #635430

Does this mean the season will start earlier and/or finish later? I'd hate to think they would try and fit more games in to the already tight schedule.

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this month
16:51 9 May 17

Reply #635432

It starts in the first week of October as per normal.

These qualifying dates just came out so no confirmation re: end of season. However you would think logically this pushes the season out to finish ~20 days after it did last season.

Which I like since our season is way too short. Game 5 of GF was scheduled for 12 March so +20 gives you end of March 2018/early April 2018.

Report this post

koberulz
Earlier this month
17:01 9 May 17

Reply #635434

Which I like since our season is way too short.
How so?

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this month
17:32 9 May 17

Reply #635448

I dont think the season was too short. In my opinion it was just right, and seemed there was a game to tune into with no real big gap of days off. I like that big bash feel where its kust constant basketball, but didnt drag on for too long like the nba can do. Great the nbl is incorporating these breaks its important for the countey to perform well at the game for the world to potentially see as much as have a great domestic season. These breaks hive both aus ans nz the best chance to succeed.

Report this post

Matt
Earlier this month
16:41 10 May 17

Reply #635550

That's all very well, but still play the same amount of games in the season and season end at same time to. Just play more mid-week games for teams like NBL, NBA plays 82-games per year sometimes teams play 2 nights straight or 3 games in 4 days.

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this month
18:03 10 May 17

Reply #635555

Why condense the season more? Is it too long for you?

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Hogwash 16

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 am, Mon 29 May 2017 | Posts: 655,271 | Last 7 days: 693