shayno
Years ago

Fake NBL News

I thought with all the recent media on fake news that I would start one of my own as we all need a laugh.

I heard a whisper that Marty Clarke was returning to coach the 36ers, they just have to work out how big the budget will be for the welcome back party.

Anyone else have any "Fake News"

Topic #41278 | Report this topic

Midrange  
Years ago

Curious as to what has been fake news so far?

Reply #635469 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Federal budget reveals $3 billion investment in Australian basketball.

Reply #635474 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Shayno, your mates are taking the piss.

Reply #635477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Perth Wildcats and their many followers have been boyed the most popular team in the world. Not just Australia... the world people!!

Reply #635480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL sign a five year $100mil TV deal.

Reply #635483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL fan shayno is straight.

Reply #635484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the back of his dominant season in the WA SBL, Joey Wright has lured Shawn Redhage out of retirement for one season with the 36ers. His contract includes a supplementary role as Mitch Creek's personal chauffeur.

Reply #635485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chaperone*

Reply #635486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide have signed joey wright to a further 5 years based on minimal positive results ans also changed the logo to the piping shrike.... no wait

Reply #635490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ hahaha

Reply #635494 | Report this post

The Perth Wildcats have become the latest team catching the eye of NBA commissioner Adam Silver. When asked about the Wildcats Silver gushed "They're the world champions. We'd love to have them join the NBA."

Upon hearing the news, Adelaide 36ers head coach Joey Wright, claimed that the only reason the Wildcats won the NBL Championship was because they didn't get to play the Sixers. He added, "We won the regular season and we know we would have beaten the Wildcats. But it goes back to what I've been sayin' for years now. The NBL needs to get rid of da playoffs. They is a pointless exhibition series that doesn't mean shit. We're the real champions!"

Reply #635497 | Report this post

TM  
Years ago

After the huge success of the Womens AFL series the NBL has accepted an application from the WNBL to admit the previous seasons WNBL premiership team to the NBL, as a new way to promote the WNBL.

The possibility of the last placed NBL team being relegated to the WNBL is also under consideration.

Reply #635501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney Kings coach Andrew Gaze has successfully lobbied club owners to rename the team the Sydney Tigers. Popular former Tigers identity Seamus McPeake will be appointed CEO of the renamed franchise.

Reply #635527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just hours after taking over the Sydney Tigers, Seamus McPeake has sensationally sacked head coach Andrew Gaze.
"This was one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make," McPeake stated in today's press conference, visibly upset, "but when I learned that Johnny White was now out of contract I knew I had to move immediately to secure his signature"

Reply #635536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL announced today that Canberra Cannons, Geelong Supercats, Gold Coast Rollers, Hobart Devils, Melbourne Tigers, Newcastle Falcons and Townsville Suns will re-enter the league.

Reply #635538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just 2 months after the conclusion of the 2016/17 NBL season, details of player and team salaries have now been released.

Reply #635540 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

^hahahahahahahahaha!!! That's the best fake NBL news, 'cos it's NEVER going to happen!

Reply #635547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread would be destroying KR! So many things to be corrected!!!

Reply #635548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Upon season review with soon to be departed CEO N Marvin, T Gleeson admits that he actually is a tool on the sidelines and will do his best to not berate the referees in 17/18 over every single call made in the game, including arguing incessantly over the legitimate height the ball must be throw to enable the Cats to win each jump ball at the start of the game.

R Beveridge finally admits that he and N Marvin are actually BFFs and that all of the he said / she said innuendo was just to get bums on seats for last season's grand final - which he agreed to throw on the proviso Marvin give him half of the multi million dollar payout Bendat is going to give him very shortly.

S Heal blames not having a solar powered calculator for his errors in judgment regarding those pending court cases, but assures everyone there is no conflict of interest or double standards between why fox left him on last seasons NBL coverage, but got rid of the overrated D Rucker for much less.

In breaking news, Kestleman announces the 2018/19 expansion teams will be the Geelong Supercats and Gold Coast Rollers, following on from the success of the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the GC and after finally convincing A Gaze the Tigers are dead, and that the second Vic NBL License would be better served in Geelong rather than Bendigo. Cal Bruton Snr rumored to be the Head Coach of the Supercats, whilst Derek Rucker will head back to his old stomping grounds at Carrara to take the reins at the Rollers.

Reply #635553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ lame

Reply #635554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide researchers believed they had finally discovered a Sixers' fan prepared to admit that Joey Wright is the biggest tool in the NBL.
Sadly it turned out he was only a visiting Melbourne fan.

Reply #635563 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Trevor Gleeson was a surprise contestant on The Voice last night with a pitch-perfect rendition of the Spice Girls smash hit "Two Become One", which he later dedicated to outgoing Wildcats CEO, Nick Marvin.

Delta Goodrem expressed surprise that the soaring angelic melodies she had heard were in fact being created by a surly middle-aged man and not a teenage girl as she had first, but was nonetheless happy to welcome Trevor to Team Delta, later commenting "his range is incredible, I just wish he'd stop arguing with me about every single decision I bloody make".

Reply #635566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that is gold. Very nice CT.

Reply #635567 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

This has gone better than expected. Maybe i should post more often.

Reply #635617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL online community want shayno to post more often.

Reply #635619 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Onya shayno, that was very enjoyable mate

Reply #636115 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Melbourne United relocate to Parts Unknown.

Reply #636141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern Joe tips against the Kings.

Reply #636153 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

lmfao.

Reply #636187 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754