CT
Years ago

The Damon Heuir hype juggernaut starts here...

Leading the Qbl with 28.5 ppg.! Where is his ceiling? How does he keep his hair so glossy?

Seriously though, he looks like he's working his arse off and it's starting to pay off. He did nothing in the Nbl last year but was lucky to get 1 or 2 mins per game so not surprising really. Hope he can tear things up next year, preferably in orange..

Topic #41289 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Highly underrated defender as well. Definitely deserves a NBL spot.

Reply #635854 | Report this post

Midrange  
Years ago

What's the issue here with Fearne and Damon?

Why is Weeks and Bruce (Last season) getting more minutes,
What is his big stand out weakness that worries Fearne?

Reply #635888 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

He has magnificent hair.

His hair cannot be overhyped.

Reply #635905 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

My 2 cents: He still has a few brain farts and gets punished for it. Not punished hard, because it's the Qbl, but I suspect Fearne would like to see him play a bit smarter. He also does a good job of penetrating to the basket in the qbl but again, much more difficult in the Nbl and also not something that Fearne teams typically do. He needs to initiate plays more and possibly be a bit more patient.

Shame really, what I really like about his game (and jarryd Weeks too for matter) is when he sticks the afterburners on, dances round a bench-warmer and makes a tricky reverse layup before crashing into the wall taking a couple of defensive players with him. Boy, do I support the wrong teams..

Reply #635909 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

And his hair. Oh boy.

It's like Michael Bolton and Aslan had a baby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIb4G8Z2E2Y

Reply #635910 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

hahaha classic CT, classic.

He's still young and developing his game, it's a shame he's in the league at a time where the roster spots have contracted and it's dominated by guards. We could have used him back when Tait was our 2nd unit PG (and or the ghost of Phil Jones)!

Reply #635991 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

I rate his game bigly, and I'm hoping if he stays with us next year he gets a consistent spot in the rotation.

Reply #635992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heuir has little chance if he stays with Cairns, as they signed Agent 47 to play ahead of him. If he wants a breakout season, unfortunately it will be through either injury of someone else, or moving teams should the opportunity arise. That will be unlikely next year as the level of players coming through college (seniors) is crazy. At least 8 or 9 solid players.

Reply #635997 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:18 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754