Isaac
Years ago

United re-sign David Barlow

Melbourne United have announced that experienced forward David Barlow has re-signed with the Club. The three-time NBL Champion brings a wealth of experience after nearly fifteen years playing locally and abroad.

David Barlow, a Victorian local from South-East Melbourne, said he was delighted to be back again to play in his home town.

"I love this city and I love this team, so to have the opportunity to try and accomplish what we have been aiming for during the last couple of years is brilliant.

“For me, the thing about being in Melbourne is the day-to-day life. I love getting up and going to work every day, I love going to training and I love hanging out with my friends, family and my team mates.

“The games are a bonus that I love too, but for me, the day-to-day of being here is even more special" said Barlow.
Full article

Thoughts? Good signing?

Topic #41396 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't understand it personally. He has shown nothing to warrant reupping, unless for cheaper?

Reply #637953 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

What did he drop early one game , five threes without missing . Did that for the Boomers one time ago . Wouldn't mind him....

Reply #637956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

UTD must've had about $20 loose change if they're signing him. Dread it every minute he's on the floor. Still rather him over Tomlinson at least.

Reply #637957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah ONE game wow. With Tigers he also had that perfect shooting game 10/10 from the field? But not consistent, seems after Goorj and Euro stints just a ho-hum collect-that-money going-through-the-motions type OF PLAYER.

Reply #637960 | Report this post

Midrange  
Years ago

First United is trash because we try buy a championship every season with a different roster but then when we re-sign one of our vets it's a terrible move. United can do nothing right. Lol

Reply #637961 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

Im happy we re:signed him.

He's steady off the bench, can hit the 3 and is a pro.

Athletic Aussie 3 men don't grow on tree's at the moment.

United need to come back with the same roster and a proven coach.

If there's no improvement next year, then look to make some moves.

Reply #637962 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Did he actually play this season? Or last season? Seems like he's spent most, if not all of the last 2 seasons on the sidelines. He's obviously a quality NBL level player when fit, but I can't remember the last time that has been the case.

Reply #637963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, he played 2016/17 season. Loping around 3 plays behind the ball and squinting while taking terrible jump shots (with a Shaq-esque jabbing motion). Defs hasn't got 20/20 vision. Amazed he's getting another run.

Reply #637966 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last season he played 19 games, averaging 20 MPG for 5 PPG, 2.7 RPG and 1.3 APG. 39.5% FG, 34.6% 3P.

Reply #637995 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

If I'm right, the United roster, before this signing, was: Goulding, Andersen, Boone, Adnam, Moller, Wesley and Majok. Two guards, three forwards and two centres. Does this make Barlow the backup 3, pushing Moller into the 11th man slot, or do they both rotate through as backups at 3 and 4?
MU need a starting 1 and 3, and a backup 2. There's no way Barlow fills any of those needs.

Reply #638034 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Re-signing Barlow is a bit of an odd signing if they're getting Childress.

Reply #638048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd reckon Berlow is the 11enth man filling in for short term injuries in the 2,3, and 4.

Reply #638052 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

??? | Adnam
Goulding | ???
??? | Barlow | Moller?
Boone | Wesley | Moller?
Andersen | Majok

Still leaves room for Childress if they still want to go that way and if anyone puts any... Rumours are that Dillon has been signed as well? That would still be a fairly expensive team with Goudling, Andersen and Childress...

Reply #638054 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's not that expensive when you keep in mind they don't have to pay any luxury tax...

Reply #638066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think Moller went to Melbourne to play behind Barlow, been killing it in the seabl. Had a choice of clubs to sign with but followed Vickerman I'm reliably told.

Reply #638068 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754