Anonymous
Years ago

Celtics, Sixers in advanced trade negotiations

Sounds like Boston will trade down from #1 to the Sixers #3 spot, and in return acquire an additional future first round pick.

Word is that Boston is most keen on Josh Jackson, who may be available at #3 anyway whilst Philly want Fultz.

Celtics fans getting impatient that they keep creating future assets, but they want that star player now. Having looked at some of the highlights, Jackson could be a very good prospect though and offers a potential athletic, versatile, two-way player which is very valuable in today's game. Fultz is the more "star" lead guard, which they already have in Thomas.

Topic #41399 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

I think this is a done deal and just needs to be announced. Really interesting is that either the NBA stuff up or they know the deal is done.

No Fultz - http://www.nba.com/celtics/Draft

Seen some other variations, where the C's trade the #3 for Sac-Town's #5 and #10.

Reply #637982 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Just hoping that the Sixers don't give up too much to get Fultz.

Reply #637983 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If Boston some how end up with the #3 pick and Saric... wow. TBH though I'm not sure why the Sixers don't just sit pat and pick Fox or Ball at #3.

Reply #637984 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

@AngusH... from what I hear, Ball & Fox would need far more touches, whereas Fultz is better able to work off the ball, and be a co-facilitator - similar to Lebron & Kyrie

Reply #637986 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

This just ruined my weekend. Just once would like us to do the simple thing and select the consensus number 1 and move on. Ainge always has to be the smartest one in the room, but just take Fultz, sign hayward, and take a run.

Reply #637988 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

This is a done deal....

Celtics also get the Lakers' 2018 first round pick or the Sacramento Kings' 2019 first round pick if the 2018 Lakers pick isn't transferred.

Celtics will probably pick Jackson.

Reply #638009 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Do not like this one bit, Jackson duplicates with Brow, Crowder, and even Hayward if they get him. Also don't really like talk of getting butler for a package. With the Warriors how they are i just don't understand why you don't get the best kid and develop in your own time.

Reply #638011 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I don't think Ainge is finished either.

I think that if for some reason Lakers pick Jackson, they trade down with Sac for #5 and #10. Ball and Fox aren't required on the Celtics, and they can grab Isaac or Tatum at #5 and they could use the #10 as trade bait for Butler or George.

Paul George has informed the Pacers he's leaving at the end of next season, so maybe something with the #10 could be done there. Boston would need to do a sign and trade so he doesn't bolt to the Lakers during free agency.

The Celtics didn't have any minutes for a guard rookie without trading someone (probably Bradley and/or IT). Do you break up an EC Finals backcourt for a rookie and does Fultz put them over the Cavs in the East and GSW in the West?

Their is talk that there isn't a huge gap between the top 3 of Fultz, Ball and Jackson. Jackson best fits the needs at this time with the roster in place. That changes if Hayward jumps on board, but if I'm Boston, I'm letting Hayward go and jumping on the Blake Griffin bandwagon. Plan B is Nerlens Noel, Plan C is Ibaka.

The trade also gives them a chance of getting Michel Porter Jr or Bamba next year. Both will be studs.

Reply #638021 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Isn't Bradley a bit of a prototype second guard? Wouldn't you move IT instead if you needed to get your combo right?

Reply #638031 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think that IT is the heart of the Celtics at the moment, and Bradley probably brings more in return trade-wise.

IT is on a ridiculously low contract for his production at the moment so the Celtics won't get value in return (he's getting around $6.5 mill next season). Avery is on the hook for $8.8 mill (another relatively cheap contract).

Teams may also look more favorably at Bradley. He's not under 6', he's younger and a thousand times better defender than IT. Look at the word 'matador' in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of IT.

Both are looking for pay days next year, so both would be on the possible 'trade now' list. I don't think the C's can afford to re-sign both if the add Hayward or Griffin or another top notch FA.

I would of traded IT and keep the first for Fultz and looked for a veteran PG in FA or via a trade to steer the ship until Fultz is ready to lead. I wouldn't worry about Hayward (I think he's a great player, I was pissed when the Jazz matched the Hornets offer sheet), I'd be going hard for Griffin or Nerlens.

Reply #638075 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sorry joshuapending, it seems Danny is talking to the Bulls about a package for Jimmy Butler. The package starts with the #3 pick.

Reply #638082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"This just ruined my weekend."

LOL wtf

Reply #638098 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754