The truth
Years ago

ABA Player Rumours

I kno it's early but has anyone heard of any rumours , of playing changing clubs , or clubs signing any interstate players ...
or basically any ABA rumour for next season ??

Topic #4142 | Report this topic

Go O  
Years ago

Female guard to move from Forestville over to West Adelaide.

Reply #48050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that's interesting. I didn't think west needed anymore guards!!

Reply #48057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will benefit from this guard for sure !!! Forestville benefited from this girls experience.

Reply #48073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i Doubt shE will fit into An Already established guard rotatioN, could bE wrong tho???

Reply #48084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe hawkes to sturt

Reply #48086 | Report this post

Go O  
Years ago

maybe she would play the 3 spot. Regardless of this she Should be on the Lightning roster or has she been added recently? i heard she had but not sure if it was confirmed.

i heard hawkes had retired to focus on his main job.

Reply #48089 | Report this post

Dousing the Flame  
Years ago

Some big Norwood players going to West after losing a bet.

Reply #48090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interesting that she would make that move to west when west don't have a women's coach named

Reply #48108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

have Forestville named a womens coach yet?

Reply #48109 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

i heard a rumour the brag gerlach is looking to leave the tigers. that was from a good source at tigers aswell. thats interesting. any1 know y he might?

Reply #48112 | Report this post

Go O  
Years ago

Anon 48108, do yo know if she has been signed by the lightning maybe this has something to do with the move to westys. maybe chris lucas wants her at west...

Reply #48123 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

Bob, here is your answer.

Reply #48142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go O, i think it was reported in the 'tiser about 2-4 weeks ago, no mention of her in theplayer section of the fellas website yet tho.

Reply #48143 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Wait for a big announcement soon from West. No, Paul Bell is not the CEO--Yet

Reply #48151 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I heard Paul Bell was going to be player coach for both ABA teams, plus CEO, plus marketing officer, and speaker repair man for Wests...any truth to this?

Reply #48163 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

with three separate names mentioned - Braithwaite and Carberry to Southern and Kelson back to "Senel" Districts... (thanks Max Basheer...)

...it appears that South's shot at the Women's title is out da window.

Reply #48168 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

no one was saying all three were leaving more that it could be any one of them ..

Reply #48178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Braithwaite is rumoured to be the one going to Southern next year.

Reply #48182 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I heard most South players leaving, smarter than they look.

Reply #48196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re: (#48196)
Anon, you heard wrong.

Reply #48200 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

the snake leaving the tigers.....that would have to be the funniest post this year.....it is confirmed he is going to follow the hodges brothers out the door. In fact the rick hodges room is moving clubs as well.
gerlach bleeds black and gold.

Reply #48203 | Report this post

Bob Costas  
Years ago

The Tigers will want to appoint a new Mens coach pretty soon before these rumours get out of hand. Fact is there are at least 2 key players in that squad who other clubs will find an attractive proposition and with Wood already gone action needs to be taken to confirm the services of the core group before they get poached.

Reply #48211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No I didn't hear wrong Tracey has signed with Southern. Get over it.

Reply #48212 | Report this post

Big Fella  
Years ago

So to sumarise:

Braithway to Southern
kelson to centrals
lindsay to west/fellas
hawkes to sturt
gerlach moving clubs

Reply #48241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lindsay isnt to west, she is only travelling with them to Singapore along with Bridget Bowley for a tournament.

Reply #48244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

big fella

deanne ransford to west/fellas

Reply #48245 | Report this post

echo  
Years ago

Tracey can't sign with Souther - she is contracted to the Panthers until 31 Dec 2005

Reply #48248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That maybe so I don't know but Tracey is playing for Southern when she returns from Canberra.

Reply #48254 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

big fella,
who are you and why are you starting rumours about gerlach leaving the tigers??

Reply #48258 | Report this post

Mo'bags  
Years ago

If Hawkes is going anywhere it would be to Norwood, with Sappa player - coach. Big clean out going on there (posted here before). I couldn't see Hawkes' ego allowing him to play for someone who was younger than him. He has played with Sapwell before, and was a Norwood junior, and I've heard Sapwell told players they won't be back next year.

Reply #48263 | Report this post

flame on  
Years ago

Mo'bags

Wait for the 1st round of reserves and 1's before you go shooting your mouth off !! If people arent playing Norwood 1's this year it is because of retirement.

Reply #48267 | Report this post

The Slueth  
Years ago

I here an Ex National Womens player wants to coach Centrals Women however is awaiting discussions with the Woolacott Medalist Vicki Kelson and Jenny Carberry.

Apparently both players are looking for a new challenge/environment and believe Centrals will provide this opportunity.

This rumour is hot off the press. Remove this from circulation at your peril.

Reply #48268 | Report this post

Mo'bags  
Years ago

Flame on, all of their players are under 28, so for you to say they retired is a bit much. Ask any player and they would say they want to play as long as they are able. Which players are retiring (if you call it that)?

The Flames need to do something different next season, otherwise they will end up bottom again, and their skill level isn't the problem.

Reply #48269 | Report this post

The Slueth  
Years ago

The Flames are pretenders always have been

Reply #48271 | Report this post

Big Fella  
Years ago

Gertrude, I am not starting rumours simply sumarise what was written further up the thread.

looks like i got the wrong forestville guard too

they are both worthy...

Reply #48276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the slueth -

nathan's name was dropped here about the same time as the start of the finals.

Reply #48279 | Report this post

flame on  
Years ago

well Mo'bags,

There will be at least 2 Senior guys retiring for work related reasons.
I love your logic - under 28 , therefore cannot retire ...??? Tool. Not everyone will play ball into their 40's like Mike McKay!!

There may be another 2 slightly younger players retiring due to injuries they have carried for a while now and considering the unacceptable finish of the team, cannot in conscience play hurt like they have been doing.

Norwood needs to concentrate on getting back into some form- like the summer season- remember that Sleuth ?

Bag the Flames all you want, itll just serve to make the guys want to beat your club even more.

Reply #48290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Getting back some form?!?!?!

Last year they made didnt make the finals. The year before they scraped in. The year before they were bottom. Which form are they getting back????

Rupert has said a number of times that not one player will be back. It does not matter if they will be retiring or not.

Flame On you are very amusing!

Reply #48298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, and this year they finnished bottom ...

Reply #48300 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Flames weren't pretenders in 1999

Reply #48318 | Report this post

Pickles  
Years ago

that was 6 yars ago.. A lot can happen in 6 years!!!

Reply #48327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is left from 1999.

Reply #48331 | Report this post

BabaLouie  
Years ago

Centrals are losing 7 juniors to north?

Reply #48351 | Report this post

Mustafah  
Years ago

BabaLouie

Care to expand (age group/sex)

Reply #48377 | Report this post

Mo'bags  
Years ago

Yeah I'm sure the Flames are real fired up to prove us posters on HoopsSA are wrong.

They have had their worst finish in a very long time, and I think they deserve to be bagged for the performance they put up all year. So far I reckon they have gotten off lightly on here.

Reply #48381 | Report this post

1whonose  
Years ago

echo - Tracey was cleared from South to Canberra so only needs a clearance from canberra back to Southern to cut South out of the picture- it's a done deal!

Reply #48384 | Report this post

Fact  
Years ago

There was no 'push' for a new coach at South, it was the decision of a committee and if you think one player has that much power to get rid of a coach, you're kidding yourself. Even if one player wanted to get rid of a coach yet the committee, who makes the final decision, sees that the coach is the best choice for that team as a whole, what do you think the committee would do? Seems the coach may have fell on her own sword.

As for Vikki, yes she does have enormous talent, why do you think moving to Centrals would be a good change?
She just won the Halls medal & made the finals playing in that team, with good backup from her team mates, so tell me, how would going to Centrals who havent won a game in 5 years and where she wont have much backup from her team mates be a good move for Vikki as a player?
Do you have something personal to gain from her moving 1whonose? I think the 1whonose, infact, doesnt know much at all.

Reply #48388 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

4 members of the Norwood team in 2005 were apart of the 1999 championship team.

Reply #48434 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

Rumour about Lindsay going to West MAY be true, but don't forget she was a (Noarlunga) Southern junior...

Goss I have is Lindsay may head in a SOUTHERNly direction, not WESTwards.

SOUTHERN with Braithwaite and Lindsay... could be an interesting combo.

Reply #48563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2003& 4 Norwood won 20 of 38. Not outstanding but not as bad as this season. ABA is not really set up to clean house, as many people have longer history in the club than the coach. What blame does the coach have with rotations that rival social teams.

Reply #48569 | Report this post

1whonose  
Years ago

Fact - committee made the final decision but the player in question was instrumental in lighting a large fire.

Sit back and wait to see who their starting five is next year - one has already gone and 3 others are talking to other clubs.

Clubs have to write and ask permission to speak to players but remember players can approach other clubs expressing their interest first. If you want to succeed at a fledgling club the best way would be to take a few mates with you.

Maybe 1 whonose knows a little bit more than you would like to admit.

Reply #48572 | Report this post

interesting  
Years ago

Hey 1 whonose - If Braithwaite was to take a few of her South teammates and Lindsay was to join them Southern could be in for a great year - bring it on!!

Reply #48573 | Report this post

facts  
Years ago

1whonose,

Fact - No players lit the fire
Fact - Commitee made the decision and are 100% behind their decision
Fact - The coach in question lit her own fire by her actions or inactions all year
Fact - The coach was sacked and it is HISTORY now

So get over and move forward!!!

Reply #48575 | Report this post

A word of warning to the southern supporters, you may want to keep a lid on how well you think you are going to do and who you are gonna get. (we wouldn't want them to fail you miserably again)

Reply #48591 | Report this post

Hay WHA your a tool get over the over it. Your game is under a cloud of monkey poo.

Reply #48622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #48668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

benson to eagles

Reply #48686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Major Guard returning to Forestville.

Reply #48729 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

Western Highland Ape to not take life so seriously.

Reply #48783 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

Further, i didn't say how well Southern are going to do, just what i've heard...

Reply #48784 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

Definite that Braithwaite is a Tiger next year.

Who's got the latest?

Reply #49149 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:21 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754