Cram
Years ago

Raptors going all in

As a Raptors fan I was pretty apprehensive coming into this off season. It seemed like we were going to hand out super deals to Lowry and Ibaka, but I'm pretty hapoy with how it worked out. 3 year deals for each at the top end of their asking price i think is a great compromise. It keeps the team good for the next few years. Sure, they're still not likely to beat the Cavs (or maybe even Boston or Milwaukee next season) and sure as hell not the warriors, but the alternative was blowing up the team that had brought the most success in franchise history.

Now they just need to tinker on the sides and hope to catch a lucky break or 2.

Topic #41466 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Raptors have just been lucky the east has become even weaker. Will make the playoffs but they haven't really done anything I'd be too excited about. Losing Tucker hurts especially when you offer him more and he walks!

Reply #638763 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Yeah its far from ideal but they'll be in the mix for a top 4 spot in the East and from there you need some breaks etc. As I said, I'm happy to have a competitive team foe another few years before the eventual rebuild and 10 years of sucking that is sure to follow.

We have some assets like Joseph that lau be able to be moved for a decent forward. I'm just really happy we didn't give them 5 year deals.

Reply #638765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No team in the east is any worse off, simply because stars have left the east. Raps like any other wastern top 4ish team had a chance to leap frog. Raps will make the 4 and lose to either celtics or cavs or wizards. But ticket sales will be up as usual and owners making money because they will compete.

Reply #638771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

exactly. Craptor$

Reply #638776 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

While the Warriors and Cavs stay together as currenly constructed, and other teams like Houston, okc and Spurs (and maybe Boston) making moves to put together super teams of their own, theres basically no chance a team out side those few win a title in the next 3 or 4 years. So you either blow it up and rebuild, or continue to put together a good team and hope to catch a break somewhere. I like the latter option, especially as a fan of a team that has been bad for a long time. Only one team can win, but that doesnt mean nobody else should be trying to win

Reply #638780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said, Cram, a bit luck can go long way.

Reply #638787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah i agree with that Cram. The east will be much wider open than previous tears, cavs could easily breakdown if some drama develops in house. Celtics are the biggest threat out east this season, but still feel they are playing for second.

Reply #638803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All it takes is LeBron to go down and East's is anyone's. Finals, hmmm, west is just too strong.

Reply #638811 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754