Dupe of: https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/41467-nbl-all-australian-team-vs-china/

Reply #638906 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Yes, just a reminder for everyone though

Reply #638909 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Just wondering who pays the players. Where have they come up with cash to get Jerome Randle to play. He is a superstar but who is spending the money he would want on beating China?

Reply #638931 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

It's a show out for Jerome. He's looking to score a big pay day in China.

Reply #638934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

swish Chinese are paying for it. They are using these games as the start of their preparation for the Asian Cup in August.

Reply #638940 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Does anyone know if this guy is playing tonight?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/wang-zhelin

Reply #638946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all stars. Lol.

Reply #638952 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

@Aussie, The Chinese are fielding their B-team for this one I believe. I'm not familiar with many of their players but I don't think he's in the lineup.

The B-team players listed are: Li Gen, Li Jingyu, Guo Ailun, Tao Hanlin, Hu Jinqiu, Zhao Yanhao, Cui Jinming, Zhou Peng, Gao Shang, Ren Junfei, Ren Junwei, Gu Quan, Han Dejun, Wu Qian , Zeng Lingxu, Yu Dehao, Liu Xiaoyu. You can google each of them with basketball tag at least and see if you recognize any of them.

Reply #638962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Telstra NBL pass doesn't work.

Reply #638969 | Report this post

TM  
Years ago

nbl.tv not working ...

Reply #638970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone else managed to watch the game via NBL TV?
I can load other content, but just getting a black screen if I try the Aus v China game 1 link.

Reply #638971 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Talk about home cooking...

Reply #638972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The boys are Doin well not to lose there shit at the refs. Amazing

Reply #638973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was interested in watching until I found out Randle was playing ... #hog

Reply #638974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These refs are horrible haha

Reply #638975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The refs aren't bad.... they are cheats

Reply #638977 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Awful refereeing, but Randle is the MVP for the Chinese team so far.

Reply #638978 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

Until they get international refs, I'm done watching this crap.

Reply #638980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This happens every year in China to NBL and Aus teams. Why so surprised now?

Topic is wrong, these aren't NBL All Stars, but the All-Australian NBL select team.

Also how the hell does Joyce get a commentating gig? For a coach he has nothing to say of note and has an awful voice. Why does this guy continue to hand around, argh. Go away!

Reply #638981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and LOL at the Chinese making it seem China B are playing vs. Boomers. good luck because even with the home cooking you will lose.

Reply #638982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to laugh at people complaining about the refs. As soon as you play a game in China, get used to the refs.

Reply #638983 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Is Joyce drunk? Only taken him a half to start talking about Damon Lowery and that Hawks title.

Reply #638985 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Any scores guys? Stand out players?

Reply #638987 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

44-44 end of 3rd.

Reply #638988 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yikes that is low scoring!

Reply #638989 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Aus 56-53 with 4:00 to go.

Reply #638990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New drinking game - every time Joyce says "D-Trans"

and I don't think he is drunk, just can't speak properly/not very intelligent

Reply #638991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle being hogirrific

Reply #638992 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Heroball not getting it done down the stretch

Reply #638993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait for the Asian Cup and later the World Cup qualifiers when the Boomers smash China with normal refs.

Reply #638994 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Lol... what a terrible ending from both teams

Reply #638996 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That ending summed up the game rather nicely.

Reply #638997 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Randle was pretty ordinary late.

Reply #638999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha oh my that ending.

Reply #639002 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

If Randle could make a layup and Jervis a 1 foot putback the "All Stars" win by a dozen

Reply #639007 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Jervis was horrible all night.

Reply #639008 | Report this post

TheBrickLayer  
Years ago

Enjoyed that game ,

Just wondering if it was a Draw would there be OT ? Aussie's had their chances late just unable to get it done.

Reply #639011 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I watched on delay and dozed off a few times... Most players looked underdone, Randle especially... Didn't do himself any favours with his over-dribbling turnovers and heroball...

First game though with not much structure and lots of easy missed shots, should dust themselves off a bit and bring it back for Game Two...

I wish they'd stop calling it the All-Australian NBL team, it's barely All-NBL Australian team, but that's at least more accurate...

Reply #639013 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Not the best game I've ever watched and the refs there definitely understand the concept of HCA. If you can't win convincingly you can pretty much expect that outcome wherever you go as a visitor.

Reply #639015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Just wondering if it was a Draw would there be OT ? Aussie's had their chances late just unable to get it done."

Yes it would go to OT.

Interestingly you bring that up. Anyone remember the three-peat Sydney Kings mid-2000s (can't remember exact year) playing a game against China full strength team (including Yao Ming) being up by 10 points late in the fourth quarter.

Then the most ridiculous calls were made to have the Chinese tie it up with seconds to go.

Refs blow whistles for end of fourth quarter and to prepare for OT.

Goorjian storms off the court with the Kings team refusing to play OT.

The stretch where China got back after a 10pt defecit was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in basketball.

Also that same pre-season Bullets played China full strength team in the same month. Same thing happened where the Bullets were leading comfortably but China got back and levelled it up or where up by 1pt? Then with a few seconds to go CJ Bruton lands the half-court running three-point shot to win the game. Karma bitches!

Reply #639028 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Didn't the Kings also hit a game winner which the refs waved off but the players and Goorjian just kept running off celebrating to the changerooms and so the game was declared a draw? Or is my memory deceiving me?

Reply #639031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul actually good memory I think that might've been it. First the dodgy comeback occurred as I mentioned above and then to top things off the Kings' shot was waved off.

Reply #639034 | Report this post

TheBrickLayer  
Years ago

""Just wondering if it was a Draw would there be OT ? Aussie's had their chances late just unable to get it done."

Yes it would go to OT.

Interestingly you bring that up. Anyone remember the three-peat Sydney Kings mid-2000s (can't remember exact year) playing a game against China full strength team (including Yao Ming) being up by 10 points late in the fourth quarter. ""

Cheers mate, Excellent info

btw guess i wasn't the only one who noticed the ref's late bad calls haha...think the players were even laughing at one stage......

Reply #639055 | Report this post

TheBrickLayer  
Years ago

Any team changes for game 2 ???

Hopefully Aussies can put on a better show 2nite.

Reply #639120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember now when the top three NBL teams played a full strength China - it was the pre-season before the 2007-08 season.

The reason I know the dates now are because I looked up that dud named Martin Müürsepp on Wikipedia.

After the Kings and Bullets beat/tied/clearly were way better than China the Tigers were the last team to play them.

Tigers were never in it unlike the other two because the big man Müürsepp on his debut kept camping out on the three point line chucking up absolute garbage. From then I knew Tigers weren't going to be a contender for the 2007-08 season unless they cut him. Which they did eventually. From memory he was a recommended signing by Anstey. lol

Reply #639130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:38 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754