Isaac
Years ago

Daniel Dillon achilles injury, out 6-8 months

From Melbourne United's Twitter account:

Daniel Dillon will sit out the next six to eight months after suffering an achilles injury.
@DanDillon12 will undergo further scans, before beginning his rehab in due course. Please join us in wishing him a speedy recovery.

Topic #41499 | Report this topic

LoveBroker  
Years ago

That's a tough break. I was really looking forward to seeing how his game had improved since his Euro stints.

I thought he didn't reach his potential with the Tigers.

Reply #639385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IIRC wasn't he a victim of the points system which meant he had NBL suitors but had to go to Europe instead?

Reply #639392 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Highly underrated player, and I was looking forward to seeing him play here again, even if he did do the dirty on the Snakes when he left with Chewy and Ron for the Tigers.

Reply #639490 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Yes plenty of Taipans fans will believe the Karma Bus has arrived alright.

Reply #639560 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I don't recall the episode.

How did DD do the dirty on Taipans? Did he sign then bolt or simply not sign at all?

Reply #639570 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

@LoveBroker, let's not get into semantics about whether he really "did the dirty" on Cairns. We were left devastated that he, Ubaka and Dorsey left at the end of a very successful campaign, to go to the Tigers, breaking up what many thought would be a championship team for the following season.

Were there underhanded dealings, lies, bolts, or even nuts? Who knows, or even dares to dream. Cairns fans were upset. That's the end of it.

Reply #639584 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That's a very long way of saying 'no'.

Reply #639585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pay more Cairns then it wouldn't happen. It's called the open market.

Reply #639588 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

"pay more Cairns then it wouldn't happen" - well yes, you are correct because we'd have gone the way of the Crocs and you can't lose players if you dont have a team..

Reply #639596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly. So be happy you have a team rather than hanging on to that trio and then going under.

Reply #639602 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

@koberulz, I didn't say "no", I said "I don't know." Still, I could have just said I don't know, but that might not have got the point across to @Lovebroker as well.

Reply #639609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh KR how we haven't missed you.

Reply #639612 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I would have thought that the Karma score (if there was one) was settled when Ubaka got the sack part way through the season and the Tigers missed the play offs (they were comfortably in the top 4 before they sacked him btw) and Dillon asked out of his three year contract at the end of the season.

Dillon was the lesser of the three to move from Cairns to Melbourne. Anyone genuinely celebrating his injury some 5 years later as the Karma Bus coming round is in pretty poor form.

Reply #639618 | Report this post

KingPodge  
Years ago

Yeah I don't think anyone with an IQ higher than an amoeba is celebrating. And those amoebas aren’t worth worrying about.

DD is a high character guy, and a great baller. His injury is a blow to United, but missing guys like that diminishes the league as well.

For the record, all 3 of the guys that left are high quality humans, and I don’t think the ill will was towards them, but towards ole McPeak and the Tigers org. They made a business decision and the taipans were waiting to see what Crosswhite was doing before moving to the imports. They got a big money offer while playing the waiting game and the rest is history.

Reply #639623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I don't think the ill will was towards them, but towards ole McPeak and the Tigers org."

This I agree with, thanks for eleborating. Can't blame the players for getting pay bumps but McPeake and Tigers at the time ruined other teams by throwing cash around and usually coming up short in the end. What a waste.

Reply #639636 | Report this post

KingPodge  
Years ago

Massive waste. Can't fault McPeaks enthusiasm..... though it was misplaced at times... often...

Reply #639639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enthusiasm yes but what we can fault is the fact there was a salary cap back then which the Tigers (amongst others) ignored.

Reply #639640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funnily enough once that Tigers season rolled around and they signed Patty Mills (cutting Corletto disgracefully) the Tigers came out and said other players would be taking pay cuts. Then Ron Dorsey was asked about the cuts on Twitter which he replied saying it wasn't true and laughing about it. Complete farce but not enough media coverage of the NBL to ask for a please explain from McPeake.

Reply #639642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754