Air Delay
Years ago

Someone sign Kendle already!!!

Great person, great player & definitely worthy of a spot on a roster.

So who's it gonna be?

I think he reminds me of a more explosive version of a Rotnei Clarke & think he'd suit the Hawks system.

Or maybe Cairns, as they need some O.

So where do you reckon he'll go?

Topic #41500 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi Mrs Kendle

Reply #639397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha, Kendle isn't that good, and their are plenty better around. This is the pro's, he had some games last year and looked average at best.
Scoring on China is not a gauge of talent. #itsanofromme

Reply #639398 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

He'd be a wonderful 3rd import....surely gets signed

Reply #639401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would be a solid backup guard for a team that wasn't looking for a big budget star as their 3rd import

Reply #639404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mrs Kendle or Shane Heal! Hammer has been on this guys nuts consistently for a long time... I mean he is ok, but he isnt THAT good. Looks a dead ringer for Dane Swan though.

Reply #639407 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Have heard rumors he was done in College for steroid use?

Reply #639409 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I certainly wouldn't hate him playing for the Wildcats as the budget 3rd import, if Webster picks up an NBA roster spot then this could be less attractive but I think he is solid and reliable

Reply #639411 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I certainly wouldn't hate him playing for the Wildcats as the budget 3rd import
The Wildcats don't have a roster spot for a third import.

Reply #639413 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

He should be a lock for a 3rd import spot. Fringe starter and decent backup who is probably going to have a couple of 16-20 point nights for you throughout the season off the bench. I would love the Kings to grab him, but I'm sure we plan on rolling out 0 PGs again next season.

Reply #639417 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

The Wildcats don't have a roster spot for a third import.

Just keep Waxxy on the roster but don't have him in the 11... That way when Knight misses his regular few games, he can slot straight in...

I like Kendle, agree that he's not top tier by any means, but I think people are "on his nuts" while still keeping it in perspective that it's as a 3rd import option, which I think would be good for the Kings as well... better than any other local back up options, surely?

Reply #639418 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have heard rumors he was done in College for steroid use?
Not sure it's a rumour given that he's openly spoken about what happened. I've bolded the relevant part from an Instagram post of his:
I Was told at age 16 I'd never play varsity basketball by the head varsity coach. I wasn't invited to the top 40 workout for Indiana High School seniors. I only had 2 scholarships out of high school (McKendree College and Olney Central Junior College). I didn't play my first 3 years of college due to multiple surgeries and injuries doctors told me would never heal. I did not play at a high major. In fact, I played my 3 years at Bellarmine University, which is D2. I failed a NCAA drug test that took away my senior year at BU for taking a pre-workout supplement I bought from GNC. I started my professional basketball career in Africa, not the NBA or Europe. I've had to take pay cut after pay cut trying to put myself in the best position possible for the long run in this basketball business. Im sharing these things for that hungry soul who is being told by the naysayers that they will never make it. They are too short, too slow, can't shoot the 3 consistent enough, they don't defend good enough, they are a 2 guard in a Pg's body, their resume isn't good enough, too old, blah blah blah. God uses our weaknesses to show His strength. Keep fighting the good fight of faith. With Gods grace through your faith, all things are possible. Your identity is in Christ not what the doubters and haters say about you. Keep grinding and believing...

Reply #639419 | Report this post

very old  
Years ago

Hardly a level of steroid use even close to that of some notorious NBL 'Roid Boys of the late 80's/early90's

Reply #639428 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I said in the game thread Bevo might want to look at Kendle as a replacement for Marvelle Harris.

Reply #639439 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Who are the Wildcats imports?

Prather, and who else? Not Cotton, not Webster (because he is a NZer), not McKay because didn't he sign a contract in Spain?

Reply #639471 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

There's only a small number of options available for Kendle to suit up in the NBL this year.

God knows WTF Gaze and co have in mind for Sydney; I'm sure they'll find a way to stack their roster with two guards and eleven forwards again. I suppose if they started Lisch and Cadee that Kendle could be a third combo guard for them. PG by default worked okay for the Tigers with Gaze and Copeland.

NZ only have room for a starting 1 and a backup 2, so he could end up there.

Adelaide need a starting 1, and backups at 3 and 5, unless Sobey, Creek and/or Hodgson get NBA gigs (wouldn't it be funny if they all did?!)

Brisbane's roster is full.

Cairns needs imports to start at 1 and 4. Kendle is not good enough to start at 1 anywhere.

Illawarra needs a starting 3, and a backup 2. I suppose there's an argument he could fit there, as a combo guard.

MU need a imports to start at 1 and 3. No way will they go with Kendle.

Perth need a starting 3 and 5, both of whom will be imports, neither of which will be Kendle.

Reply #639489 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Who are the Wildcats imports?
They haven't signed any yet.

Reply #639491 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Wildcats guard rotation is full
Martin, Kenny, Webster & Kendrich-Drew

Reply #639512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Technically they would have one available and knowing the Wildcats they could still use that option. Cut someone else due to an 'injury' and hire a 3rd.

Reply #639520 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is Kendle a part-time distributor or more of a straight scorer?

Reply #639567 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754