Freethrows
Years ago

Anyone want a Truck? Could you give a Khazzouh?

With the Crumbles actively seeking Isaac Humphries, and stating pretty clearly they will look at an import if they can't get him, it seems that Truck and Khazzouh are out of the picture.

NBL.com "The centre position has become a necessity for the Kings to fill with Julian Khazzouh and Aleks Maric both not returning to the Harbour City."

Are these decisions made by the players, or by the team, or is this an example of Crumbles management playing mind games with those players in an effort to beat them down in salary negotiations?

I'd love to hear if anyone knows what's going on. Failing that, uninformed opinion, masquerading as fact will be interesting. I'm particularly interested to hear from Anons who "know for a fact" and "can't name names, for obvious reasons".

Topic #41516 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't add anything but it will be interesting to see any answers to your query. Good questions.

I can add one thing however - it's the way it shatters that matters ;)

Reply #639662 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Maric should hold no salary expectations.

I would put Mitch Young, Jervis, Brandt, Loe and Hodgson over Maric.

Reply #639665 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Worth the Hawks trying to get Maric as a back-up at the right price? Saves him moving too far from Sydney and leaves them to spend import spots in the backcourt.

Reply #639671 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Who knows?

Maybe JK & AM are asking for too much money?

Maybe maric wants more minutes?

Maybe they both have OS interests they are pursuing?

Maybe they are looking for a player not as injury prone?

I'd say that a lot of these dealings are done and very few of us know why( Even though there will be Anons et al that purport to know) ;)

Reply #639672 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

^^ Only the relevant parties really know what's the real deal. The rest of us only get to speculate on what little tidbits they deemed fit to release.

What we've heard is Truck wants to explore several opportunities in Europe and there are quite a few teams there that need backup veteran centre. Truth maybe Kings think he's not a good fit in the NBL and too expensive but willing to put up with him if he takes a paycut?

Official line on Khazzouh is he is overseas and his old team offered him a big contract? Truth is he wants to play last season, Matt Hardiman thinks he's not fit so they didn't let him play and he chucked a sook? Also heard that because he didn't get Boomers opportunity, he now agreed to play for Lebanese national team.

These 'truths' are merely my almost definitely uninformed opinion which will probably get shot down by JVG posting as an anon. I'll pre-empt that so hi Jeff!

Reply #639703 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

I would guess that any roster possie in Euro would pay better than just about any NBL contract.
So it makes sense if one has a real chance playing OS.

Reply #639716 | Report this post

Sen dogg  
Years ago

Did someone just say possie?

Reply #639719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Southern Joe is so knowledgable about basketball!

Reply #639721 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Hope someone picks up Truck and shows Gaze how to run the pick and role, instead of the Shuffle.

Reply #639747 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Possie as in position.

Reply #639748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There it is again!

Reply #639750 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Stop teasing. You don't want to get on the wrong side of Southern Joe's posse.

Reply #639751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I posit that my possie is Southern Joe does not have a posse.

Reply #639752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

School holiday trolls

Reply #639759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, Southern Joe had two weeks off with the kids.

Reply #639770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

his kids*

Reply #639771 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754