Isaac
Years ago

Lonzo Ball with 36/8/11

Courtesy of the Hoops poster suggesting he was a bust after one summer league game, Ball has since had a triple double and now a 36 point game. With 8 boards and 11 assists as well. Oh, and 5 steals.

Then check out these passes. Impressive stuff.

Bolden got the start for the opposing 76ers and had 5/7/4/4/2.

Ball's game highlights:

Topic #41517 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

In fairness to the other thread the title was "Lonzo Ball A Bust?" not "Lonzo Ball A Bust!"

It was merely a question.

Reply #639677 | Report this post

smartarse  
Years ago

proof that the old cliché "there's no such thing as a stupid question" is bollocks.
hell of a stat line today.

Reply #639681 | Report this post

Sen dog  
Years ago

That poster an imbecile?

It's merely a question

Reply #639688 | Report this post

Let's B Real  
Years ago

Since he switched to the Nike Kobe's his numbers have skyrocketed.
Big Baller Brand Shoes A Bust?

Reply #639689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did he really change shoes? haha interesting... #bigballerfail

Reply #639691 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

He still scared of de Aaron fox though.

Playing summer league means not much. As the #2 pick he is expected to dominate this type of talent.

Reply #639692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shades of grey people.

After the first game people are asking if he is a bust.

Now we have the exact opposite contrast after this game people are saying the people asking if he was a bust were imbeciles. Puzzling.

No individual Summer League game makes or breaks the career of a top two pick.

Reply #639694 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

6 turnovers too.

Reply #639695 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

No Faultz or Simmons for 76ers lol.

No ingram for lakers.

Even an nbl import dominated summer league today.

Like an nbl player scoring 30 in the bigV really.

Reply #639699 | Report this post

Sen doggy  
Years ago

Yinka Dare you imbecile.

Reply #639706 | Report this post

Sen dogg  
Years ago

LEAVE LONZO ALONE!!!!11

(in leave Britney alone voice)

Reply #639708 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

^^ Hahaha good one Sen dogg!

Reply #639710 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Sen dog is lavar?

Reply #639726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would explain a lot.

Reply #639728 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/cartemi01/gamelog/2014/

^ some amazing statlines in that link. Against NBA players, too.

3/10 from 3pt land is an improvement, but over 3 games his % is still dire. We'll see. That shot is going to play a big part in determining what kind of player he'll be.

Reply #639730 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

It's his vision that gets people excited. Bigs that run the floor are going to love playing with him

Reply #639735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we please change the title to this thread to something which better reflects the discussion:

"LB - the next MJ"

Reply #639746 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Still not sold on the shooting style against longer and more athletic NBA players

Reply #639768 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

LaVar would've had 72/16/22.

Reply #639782 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The passing is great, but that shooting action is ugly and only time will tell if it is effective.

I also think once he gets scouted a bit by NBA teams the dinky little scoop layups are going to get returned to him with interest. Maybe not, but I don't think he gets as much room to move among the big boys.

Reply #639792 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What's his most likely player comparison? I assumed Jason Kidd, but these Summer League highlights are all I've seen. Kidd's shooting improved a bit during his career, didn't it?

Reply #639804 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think his basement is MCW if he can't develop an NBA shot - he does a lot of things pretty well. His ceiling... well... if he can stop guys sagging off him and going under screens to take away his passing lanes by knocking down the 3, his ceiling is pretty darn high.

I still think he's more of a trick passer than a Jason Kidd as far as being a floor general goes... Seems to prefer the tricky pass than the right basketball play (ie. shot) when going to the basket, which is almost Rondo-esque at times.

I would've drafted Fox over him on draft night, but Fox is much more of a boom/bust type of player IMO. Fox's shot motion is definitely easier to fix, at least... and he's closer to the other elite PGs that have come into the league over the past half-decade or so in size/athleticism. Ball is pretty unique, which might be a good thing. We'll see.

Reply #639806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox has a great inside game, but his shooting is also very suspect. Could be an easy player to stop by good NBA defences.

Dennis Smith is my pick for ROY based on what Ive seen from college and Summer League. I like Tatum too but Boston got so my depth at that position.

Reply #639830 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Another TD from Ball today. 16/10/12 with 5 steals. 7 turnovers but he might be pushing some adventurous passes to wow crowds while he's playing SL level.

Simmons plus this draft class is going to make for a very competitive ROTY in 2017/18.

Reply #639834 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Quite a few 'strong' discussions out there on Lonzo's SL performances. Whether he can translate his SL performance to regular season vs. real NBA players, well I'm looking forward to finding that out. More Jason Kidd than anyone else at this stage.

Reply #639852 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Jason Kidd DOMINATED for years. Great player. Zo will be great too. My boy Dennis Smith looked superb at summer league

Reply #639853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's lucky he's with the Lakers and that it's this year not a few years ago. Walton is probably the most easy-going coach in terms of allowing him to play his game even if it means a few passes end up in the stands.

Kidd's shot improved significantly over the course of his career. Whether Ball's does will determine whether he's Rubio 2.0 or something more.

Reply #639855 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Bamm Adebayo can play. If you bring weak stuff into the lane when Bam is there its' going to end up TEN rows back

Reply #639859 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Bam! Get that outta here

Reply #639860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Mock is such an expert on the rookies NOT.

Reply #639864 | Report this post

Sen dog  
Years ago

I have imitators? They ain't shit compared to the real Sen dog

Reply #639873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:25 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754