Isaac
Years ago

Rajon Rondo signs wth New Orleans

One year deal. Setting up the Pelican bigs. He averaged 11.7 APG when he last played with Cousins, and his 3P% has been decent the last few years.

Could be a clever signing by New Orleans - what do you think?

Topic #41524 | Report this topic

J-dogg  
Years ago

Not enough shooting so the defense will collapse on the bigs

Reply #639920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Defense can't collapse on bigs who shoot 3s

Reply #639923 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

So Jrue Holiday is going to play shooting guard now? So weird! Boogie will be traded before the deadline I reckon!

Reply #639951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Cousins will get traded when he was the driving force of both keeping Holiday and signing Rondo.
Also, Holiday played 2 guard a lot last season when Frazier was on the court, what's so weird about doing it with Rondo? All the Pels need now is a decent wing instead of an overpaid defender in Solomon Hill.

Reply #639964 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

The Pels won't want to trade him, but what happens when the losing continues this season? Neither Rondo nor Holiday have good three point percentages and the rest of the roster is just awful. I don't see how the Pels make the playoffs without some major upgrades to their wings. It's just a really unbalanced team and so I can see Cousins telling the team he's leaving in FA, which will force them to trade him.

Reply #640001 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Outside of that freakish 2 game stretch in the playoffs last season, Rondo has been a big fat negative ever since leaving Boston. I don't see this as a positive for New Orleans...

Reply #640005 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754