Anonymous
Years ago

Kyrie Irving requests trade from Cavs

Kyrie has requested trade to be more of a focal point with preferred destination the Spurs. Not sure how he'd fit with Pop and what they can offer, they'd like to get rid of Aldridge so maybe a third team can be involved with Sun's reportedly wanting to be involved with a Bledsoe combination.
Also Knicks are on radar with Carmelo and first rounders.
Biggest trade if so in a while. If Spurs get him they jump Houston IMO, if Kyrie buys into system.

Topic #41544 | Report this topic

Hoot  
Years ago

Makes sense for Kyrie.

He probably knows Lebron is leaving.

Gets traded to a better team where he can be the man.

Not all that surprising.

Cavs interest in d Rose makes more sense now.

Reply #640492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HUGE BOMBSHELL!! while he's at it he may as well make the jump across the pacific to BOOMTOWN and represent the boomers in tokyo!

Reply #640500 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

His prefered destinations indicates he has no longing to win a ring in the short term. He is so close at the Cavaliers...why screw it up?

Reply #640502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron going soon better to jump ship now.

Reply #640521 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I'm confused. If LBJ is leaving then Kyrie stays and becomes 'the man', like Westbrook.
If Kyrie goes to Spurs, he'll never be 'the man' because that's not the Spurs style.

So why should he go to Spurs (or anywhere else)? Because of who's being recruited to replace LBJ?

Reply #640544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because Cavs will suck. What's the point being the 'man' in a no hoper team?

Reply #640559 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

When LBJ goes, won't that mean lots of $ to bring in other good players? They may not be title contenders but they don't need to suck.

Reply #640565 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think Irving is just sick of the whole LeBron sideshow and the Cavs in general. Irving and everyone else is expected to sit on tenterhooks all season waiting for LeBron to make his decision to leave anyway, it will be a media sideshow all season and then once he leaves he's stuck in Cleveland with a capped out roster and shitty team owner who just fired one of the best GM's in the league.

I'd want to get the hell away from LeBron and Gilbert too, it's a sinking ship.

Reply #640581 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Reply #640592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A big 3 of Irving, Wiggins and Towns would make the Wolves instant top 4 in the West imo

Reply #640593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely the wolves would be big 4 then or is butler just chopped liver?

Also Irving believes the earth is flat so that shows how intelligent he is

Reply #640840 | Report this post

Max Bretos  
Years ago

Successful partnerships are hard to maintain. Lennon & McCartney, Kobe & Shaq, Durant & Westbrook, now LeBron & Kyrie. I would like to point out that Hall & Oates have succeeded together for over forty years. So it can happen :p

Reply #640921 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Surely his flat earth thing is a running joke of some sort?

Reply #640939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a Duke fan, I would desperately love to believe that, Isaac. But I don't. It's depressing.

Reply #640955 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754