sawmeinhalf
Years ago

Hats off to the Perth marketing team

Looks like the Wildcats marketing team is leading from the front again. I know there are meant to be ads on at 4pm tonight, but the Sixers marketing team (if there is one) seems to be lagging every season. I'm expecting the Dome to look emptier than ever this season.

See artcile on NBL.com inserts below:

You've never heard so much hype for someone so small, but at 173cm David 'Whippet' Bailey is causing quite the stir in Perth.

Nova 937 radio ran a weeklong promotion calling for fan suggestions of a nickname for the speedy import. Club administration wheeled out a red Ferrari for his signing announcement and early training indications show that Bailey can deliver.

A major broadcast partner in Channel Ten is airing the 'Cats new membership ad nightly and Nova 937 radio Perth has also come aboard, lending significant daily coverage of basketball in top-rating timeslots. The West Australian newspaper is a major sponsor of the club and continues to excel in keeping readers informed of the latest 'Cats developments.

Topic #4157 | Report this topic

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

i'm sick of hearing everyone bag the sixers marketing team.

You people obviously don't know what's going internally (and the truth is, i don't know the full story either).

Sixers have already ear-marked this season as one of change in their marketing direction, and their opening night is going to be massive.

Isaacs said it before, and i'll say it again, its gonna be big, make sure you come along.

The sixers admin has been quite forthcoming in their openness to new ideas, change etc, if you have a gripe, idea, suggestion, contact them, don't come on here continually knock them (not you sawmeinhalf, people in general).

Let's get behind our team, and help them across the line friday night.

Reply #48282 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

A quick blast out west in the Ferrari Isaac?

Reply #48283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know the sixers are doing an excellent job at presenting a huge spectacular on friday night for all of those that come along.

however, if they don't get a full-house or at the least a big turn-up, it will be an effort not fully appreciated.

Reply #48285 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

that was me, forgot my name.

Reply #48286 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Southern Spooners (for the wooden spoon they'd be getting)

Southern Scrubbas (for the only people that could be afforded when the NBL keeps cutting salary cap)

Southern Smackheads (for the people who think that a 2nd team in a town as small as adelaide would succeed in todays financial situation)

Reply #48293 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nutwork, it may not be fully appreciated, but those that are there will notice the improvement and hopefully word will spread. I don't think it's going to ensure a packed house for game two by any stretch, but it will be a step up and hopefully one of more to come in the future. Consistent persistence!

Reply #48301 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Dr Dunk, the point is no one knows about the great opening night spectacular apart from people on this forum. If i didn't post on here I would have no idea the season was starting.

Marketing is supposed to encourage interest before the event. Who know what's going on inside the marketing team. The fact is even as a fan who is looking for basketball news I haven't heard a whisper. Paul Baur posting on here does not count as marketing. He's preaching to the converted.

Sixers need to look at Perth and the A League. The soccer has raised the bar in my opinion and basketball is being left behind.

Reply #48302 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I was meaning that the people there will have a great time (i have heard about the initiatives you are putting in place). But it will be unfortunate if there is only a small crowd to witness all of your hard work.

let us hope:

If you build it, they will come!
(The Dome of Dreams!)

Reply #48303 | Report this post

sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Dr Dunkenstein, the point of the post was not purely to bag the Sixers marketing team, but more to, as the title pointed out, take my hat off to the Perth marketing team. They seem to do an excellent job every season and this season seems to be no exception.

Regarding your point about not knowing what's going on internally - well that doesn't matter. It's marketing - it's about how its perceived in the public. Its two days from the start of the season and I've seen next to nothing in the way of promotions. When you compare that to Perth their efforts seem minimal. These may be budget-based decisions, but without promotion to the wider public a little earlier than two days before tip off you're going to have a lot of empty seats.

I'll be there on Fri night, but know on Saturday I'll be reading all the posts about how small the crowd was and how its due to The Crows and Adelaide United. But I also think you can add 'lack of marketing' to those factors.

Shame, I expect it to be a good game and a good season. I'd just like it to get back to the noisy and intimidating atmosphere of the past when Adelaide was known as the hardest 'away' venue in the league. That aint gonna happen with a half-filled stadium.

Reply #48305 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I think people also forget Friday is opening day of the Royal Show.

In a boquet to the 6ers marketing team....BASA actually have a stand at the Show this year, and are doing a showbag....so well done to the team for getting this done, and obviously trying to get the word out to more juniors.

Reply #48320 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

basa was at the show last year, i remeber gettin my dvd signed by some current and past greats, and they where running basketball clinics allday during the show last year as well

Reply #48328 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

A showbag! Cool idea. Can't find a listing on the Royal Adelaide show site. Name? Contents?

Reply #48374 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Showbag? Any comment J Bags?

Reply #48390 | Report this post

G -Train  
Years ago

Is it true that Mark Davis ios the Adelaide 36ers marketing manager? Allegedly he has a degree in business or at very least marketing from his days at college (unsure what college he went to)

Reply #48471 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

I remember a NBA JAM show bag being at the show a fair while back ... Maybe the sixers could work on a spin off NBL Jam or something Simular

Reply #48505 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754