Years ago

Buying NBA tickets

Does anyone know when 2017-18 NBA tickets go on sale? I'm looking to get in early so I don't miss out. Also, I'm not sure if I trust stubhub should I just go through Ticketmaster?

Thanks

Topic #41649 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tickets will be released slowly now that the schedule has been announced. With so many games it can't go live asap.

Stubhub is fine.

Reply #643315 | Report this post

Years ago

Thanks. I notice only the marquee games have been announced but I can't seem to buy tickets for them yet. Tried Ticketmaster and nbatickets

Reply #643327 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I've used Stubhub 6 or 7 times for NBA tix with no issues.

Reply #643331 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Hey mate best advice is not to buy now as excited as you must be. Tickets get a lot cheaper closer to the event. Try 6 hours before the game and you will find a great deal. The key is to monitor the tickets and watch for price drops. New York Knicks tickets are extremely overpriced so dont expect to find a bargain there. However 76ers are only a hour and bit train ride from new york and have a lot cheaper tickets also brooklyn just a short subway ride away.

Reply #643332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll add in addition to being expensive MSG isn't that great - old venue overhyped due to its history. Plus it houses a crap team.

Reply #643334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doing the opposite of what Benno suggests is usually a top idea

Reply #643340 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

I assume you are travelling from Australia. Email the club and let them know you are coming from overseas. Look on the official website for the email. When i did this i got an immediate automated reply then a reply from the club within a day.

They will provide you with a link to get tickets before they go onsale to general public. They generally have bunches of seats in various classes of tickets (expensive, mid range and cheaper seats) set aside for this purpose.

I was nervous about buying tickets from overseas but now fully recommend buying through the club website / the link they send you, the communication and security is amazing. I felt comfortable immediately because you receive email alerts the whole way thru the process when you order, download, print etc and can inform them if its not you making changes and they will cancel the ticket.

As for cost, Games are graded into categories depending on who is playing. The game grading impacts ticket price, eg will cost more to watch LeBron, Golden State Warriors etc as you would expect.

Enjoy and get to the game early, its an awesome experience

Reply #643342 | Report this post

Years ago

Thanks a lot everyone!

Great advice Peter I'll try that.

Reply #643345 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Stubhub is all good, you wont need to buy them now, also if it's not a full game like Brooklyn, just buy a regular seat then the second half you'll be able to walk down and sit near the front.

Reply #643351 | Report this post

Years ago

Do the Christmas games sell quick?

Reply #643370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The remainder of the schedule will be released on Monday.

Reply #643372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

make sure you check out the site Sports Where I am (http://swiam.com). They provide you with sporting events in the cities you are travelling to and allow easy ticket purchases to the events.

Reply #643376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ex-pat living in LA here, with Clippers season tix (yep, tough times ahead)...

StubHub is great - you can get great deals for non-marquee games. They're guaranteed by StubHub, so you can't really go wrong. You won't get any deals on anything Warriors or Cavs, and probably Rockets anytime soon. You'll probably pay top dollar when the season is announced this week, and prices will go up and down depending on the team and game, etc.

Christmas Day is becoming the biggest day of the regular season, so you'll have to be quick to get those direct without going aftermarket like StubHub or similar. They'll be high on StubHub.

As already mentioned, the nbatickets.com is great and is where the unused season tickets are sold thru the teams.

Reply #643540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

keep in mind with Stubhub that some sellers on allow certain types of ticket delivery. It means that if you can only get a hard copy of ticket sent to you electronically then you need to print it out. Some sellers only FedEx the tickets...that might be a problem if you're staying at a place that doesn't allow deliveries (some airbnb places) or you dont want to rely on a courier.

http://stubhub.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/694/~/common-terminology-for-purchasing-tickets-on-stubhub

Reply #643611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just go for the PDF tickets. Easy.

Reply #643618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not all sellers offer pdf tickets.

Reply #643619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, that's why you buy from the ones that do. That was the point.

Reply #643622 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Stubhub never let me down in years of going to games in the states. Been able to get seats right behind the bench and in other great places many a time.

Reply #647698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754