LV
Years ago

Nate Tomlinson

Whatever happened to Nate Tomlinson?

I think Adnam surprised a few people by being so competitive in extended minutes at times last season. But I doubt many people would pick him ahead of Tomlinson?

Adnam put up some solid numbers in NZNBL in the off season too. But Tomlinson has 5 years or so of NBL experience, so I'd rather have him.

Is there anything going on behind the scenes, e.g. Tomlinson not keen, money issues, Vickerman doesn't like him...etc?

Topic #41745 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's shit.

Reply #645669 | Report this post

very old  
Years ago

Just Love LOOVE the sound of anonymous knuckles dragging on the ground.

Tomlinson has been very erratic for most if not all of those 5 years,

Reply #645672 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"He's shit."

He lead the league in assists a few years ago, can you show us your more impressive resume?

Reply #645683 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How does the anon's resume affect Tomlinson's skill level?

Reply #645684 | Report this post

Not Anonymous  
Years ago

Tomlinson is awful.

Reply #645685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course it is relevant. The usual trolling about Tomlinson by those who have no game yet are happy to judge with no skin in the game at all.

Reply #645689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It doesn't matter about the anon's credentials. Tomlinson was outplayed by a development player last year who has seemingly taken his spot. Alongside that Adnam is younger, seems to be a more consistent shooter and has higher upside at this point. On paper its a simple decision..

Reply #645690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did not lead the league in assists one year, therefore Tomlinson is the best player ever.

Reply #645691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If fans aren't allowed to critique players because they aren't as good as them let's scrap all online forums then for basketball.

Reply #645692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would also mean Nate Tomlinson isn't allowed to critique anyone because he's the worst player ever.

Who was worse? Nate as a player, or his Dad as a coach?

Reply #645693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nate is out the league cause he can't score. Those days are gone, you have be able to put the ball in the hole, he's can run your team and keep everyone satisfied, but he's a liability on offence. Case closed

Reply #645697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam in the seabl was a joke. He's flavour of the month and lets see what his stats are at the end of the season. He's a defensive liability and an occasionally good 3 point shooter.

Reply #645698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scrapping trolls would be a good start. THat would mean most people here shouldn't be posting. Sounds fair to me.

Reply #645699 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Nate is out the league cause he can't score. Those days are gone, you have be able to put the ball in the hole

Reply #645705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who was worse? Nate as a player, or his Dad as a coach?

Billy as a coach hands down. Makes Nate as a player actually look good!

Reply #645707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good point Anon! The forum should just be you talking to yourself. You are the only one fit to post here

Reply #645709 | Report this post

Hespect  
Years ago

Nate got the most out of his limited physical abilities. For a player to get 5 or so years in the NBL with limited offense and defense is a great achievement.

Looking forward players like Nate tend to make the best coaches, I wonder if he will look to take the John Rillie type path going back as an assistant coach with his old school.

Reply #645710 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

User A: Someone is excrement.
User B: That someone managed to do something reasonably decent. Maybe they're a fraction better than being likened to faeces.
Users C-Z: It's the end of discourse as we know it!

Reply #645711 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I can't understand people having strong feelings for or against Nate Tomlinson. I didn't really notice him on court but he didn't do much wrong really either. I don't see how a Tom Daly or pretty much any third string NBL point guard is much better.

Reply #645715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seemed to carry himself like he was a lot better than he was, which always seems to rub people up the wrong way. Solid but unspectacular , college played at a decent level but seemed to go backwards once he graduated. Remember he turned up to his first pre season at tigers out of shape, with abit of arrogance like he expected to be good just because he had a good college career at a high major.

Reply #645716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately playing under dickhead Dean did nothing to help Nate's career.

Reply #645717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For someone who had a limited skill set he carried on a lot to the referees and I think that was one of the knocks on him. If he shot the ball at a great clip, if he could defender and then not turn the ball over I dont think anyone would care. But when he wasnt overly talented and then sooked up a storm he lost a few around the traps.

Reply #645719 | Report this post

Midrange  
Years ago

Tomlinson couldn't run anything either. Couldn't run a pick and roll and would never get out of first gear. He tried to be a floor general but failed. Adnam can run the pick and roll and has a lot more energy in the offense which I think is valueable in the second unit.

Reply #645720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His tatts are awful as well.

Reply #645727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did he last five NBL seasons all with the one club? Not bad.

Reply #645728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam 2nd stringer is still about 4 strings too high.

Reply #645732 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

Isaac - I have tears.

Reading these threads is like listening to nba fantasy draft nights after the third round selections have been made.
All the gun players are gone, everyone is blind, and every subsequent name that is picked is met with mockery and sh!t sledging. The only reason the sledging ceases is because the next player is picked, and they were taken 10 rounds too early and are an even bigger piece of sh!t than the previous selection.

PS - Tomlinson - pretty solid career, but taken 10 rounds too early.

Reply #645746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainly helped the Tigers get some big scalps in his seabl time once he returned form the US.

Reply #645748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely loved to have a whinge to the referees at any given time, acting as if he was above it all. Sit down, son. And have a T while you're there.

Reply #645749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He trys to emit a hard vibe from the tatts/clothing etc. he wears. Trying to compensate for something? You aren't hardcore, son.

Reply #645752 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Didn't he have one season about 5 years ago where it all came together for him? Might have been the year before Goulding went to Europe...

Reply #645764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plenty of time for some more stereotypical BALI tatts now

Reply #645830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly no one knows the route he took to become a basketball player. Someone has tats and that's a problem. Wow. Tall poppy syndrome from the small penis brigade.

Reply #645865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tatts does mean small penis, correct.

Reply #645866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great now we have another numpty saying everyone with tats has a small penis. Oh dear.

Reply #645895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are trying to compensate for something with that stupid ink.

Reply #645922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No issue with his tatts. Just with his general attitude of being a complete douche.

Reply #645961 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

""He trys to emit a hard vibe from the tatts/clothing etc. he wears. Trying to compensate for something? You aren't hardcore, son.""

hahaha someone posting as an anon on an internet forum, questioning somebody else's toughness.

This.

Will.

Do.

Me.

Skipper.

Reply #645971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only worse NBL tatts are Tragardh's.

Reply #645975 | Report this post

King Anon  
Years ago

Kingpodge, unless you write under your real name, you are no less anonymous then an anon. Worse..an anon with a fake name.

Reply #645985 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't know how true that is. With an alias, you have a broader corpus to judge by. Less applicable here, but I think Podge openly associates that identity with pictures of himself on social media, so, less anon than anon.

Anyway, let's get back to Nate Tattlinson!

I'm with ME - found him inoffensive as a player. Thought he was a pretty typical backup point.

Reply #645988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed #645985 those sorts of comments about anon credibility are a classic that keep on delivering :)

Reply #645996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahaha

Reply #646002 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"Clearly no one knows the route he took to become a basketball player."

I do. I watched most of it. Fairly typical really. Obviously family background started him off. Played in some good junior teams and was a good player in those teams. 14's Nationals, NITP, State Teams, College. Fairly recognisable and well trodden pathway that a lot of Aussie kids take.

As far as the guy personally, can't say I was always the biggest fan when he was a teenager, but he's grown up into a decent guy I'm happy to have a beer with. Comes from a great family and is well on the way with a beautiful family of his own. Good luck to him whatever 's ahead

Reply #646005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Clearly no one knows the route he took to become a basketball player. Someone has tats and that's a problem. Wow. Tall poppy syndrome from the small penis brigade."

Is that you, Sk8?

Reply #646008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"but I think Podge openly associates that identity with pictures of himself on social media"

So you're saying he should post more anonymously... ;-)

Reply #646010 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I think Nate has a role to play within an NBL bench.

Off the top of my head we have as other bench PGs Kenney, Bruce, Kenyon, Ili, Tueta, Johns, Adnam, with Rotnei Clarke being an exception. Nate is not that far a drop in quality from those names, he can safely run the point for you for 10 mins to give your first PG a rest.

Reply #646011 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

I honestly have no idea who i am.....

Tomlinson played his role and played his role well. Diminish his skill level all you want, but he made a career out of playing professional basketball at the highest level in Australia. If nothing else, respect the amount of time he's spent on the training court, or icing down injuries at 3am on the way to another game.

AND, on a scientific note:

If you're looking at drawing some kind of causation between being a jerk and having tattoos - there's a certain clean skin Wildcat's player that disproves that theory completely.

Reply #646012 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So you're saying he should post more anonymously... ;-)
Let's just say I don't click to enlarge any thumbnails or avatars. So, yes, you're probably right.

Reply #646013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DF you missed out an important step in his career. Just saying

Reply #646028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which is?

Reply #646032 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

NBL site has posted Tomlinson's retirement announcement. Moving into coaching, initially in China with his father.

Reply #646905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crazy timing. The day he announced his retirement is the same day I decided to no longer consider dating Scarlett Johansen.

Reply #646906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More like water boy-ering in China with his father. Billy T - how did he get a gig there? Still joined to the hip with Goorj?

Reply #646916 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:13 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754