GM15
Years ago

Josh Childress signs with Denver Nuggets

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/nuggets-josh-childress-agrees-to-deal-with-denver/amp/

Topic #41777 | Report this topic

SteveK2  
Years ago

Slightly misleading that CBS title. Its only a training camp invite and ESPN has cited 'sources' said highly unlikely he will make regular roster.

Reply #646595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chilly! And there were some on this forum who said he wasn't good enough for the nbl lol

Reply #646601 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Childress is more than good enough for the NBL skill-wise as a top tier import, it's just a bit of a gamble considering his durability.

Reply #646603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Says Denver have a lack of wing depth, I don't know about everyone else but I think Torrey Craig is a much better wing than him. If only they could upgrade TC to a full roster spot

Reply #646604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Chilly! And there were some on this forum who said he wasn't good enough for the nbl lol"

Who said that?

Reply #646605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is too injury prone, which is a shame.

Reply #646606 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

He is too injury prone, which is a shame.

Did he suffer any big injuries before the two freakish ones that he suffered in the NBL? After the NBL he got through a full D-League season, a full season in Japan and then a Big3 "season" which from all accounts was pretty physical as well...

Reply #646614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah ok, so Kings were unlucky then. Poor Wookiee, extending his pain :)

Reply #646620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Says Denver have a lack of wing depth, I don't know about everyone else but I think Torrey Craig is a much better wing than him. If only they could upgrade TC to a full roster spot

How would you compare the two?

I think TC is stronger in the paint in general, better rebounder, finisher, better defender, and is young and improving.

I guess JC may have the edge for passing, shooting, possibly better ball handling, and world class elbow strikes.

What does everyone think JC would provide to an NBA team? I haven't watched his last couple of seasons, but I thought he wasn't very impressive in the Big 3.

I still think he would provide a lot for the NBL, particularly with a decent team around him.

Reply #646633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't last 82 games, in fact he won't make the final squad anyway.

Reply #646634 | Report this post

Kings Fan1  
Years ago

Won't make the final squad. Much prefer TC at the next level as he is more well rounded, but JC probably more potent in NBL as he does a couple of things really well for that level.
Childress better at shooting??? You're kidding right? Not a shooter at all. In fact, that's why he struggled in the NBA in the first place at Phoenix.

Reply #646647 | Report this post

GM15  
Years ago

"Chilly! And there were some on this forum who said he wasn't good enough for the nbl lol"

I don't think anyone said that, but a lot including myself did question his durability..."

Reply #646652 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Ah ok, so Kings were unlucky then. Poor Wookiee, extending his pain :)

ha! Yes, indeed... We had the potential to be great, but just wasn't meant to be... It's like dating that hot chick in high school but her only letting you do over the top stuff (not all tha tyou want, but still pretty ok), and then finding out she went all the way with the next guy after you...

Would have loved to have him back this season as I agree that with the right team around him and not having to work so hard to do EVERYTHING, he would be even better than before... his first season here, he was top 5 in pts, assists(?), rebounds, steals (and blocks?), put him in a team with even just Lisch and it would have been great...

Agree that he didn't have the best Big3 tournament, which was disappointing to see, but his team was rubbish...

Reply #646659 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

It didn't help that his coaches during his second stint was damian Cotter and then *cringe* Joe Connelly.

Reply #646724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh wow forgot about those two. Kings were sooo comical during that stretch with head coaching appointments.

Reply #646748 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I wish to clarify my previous statement if it suggested Damian Cotter was a bad coach. I don't know this for a fact of course.

All I have to go with is his poor record, which could easily be attributed to Childress' long absence. I together with many other fans were looking to big things from the Kings that year but were 'let down' in a way.

A vibrant Kings franchise is important for the league.

Reply #646753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Heal and the Central Coast dude to the list with Connelly.

Reply #646758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goodti see he guy get another shot at the big time.

Reply #647748 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754