TR
Years ago

Rockets pay Yao $106m / Chandler signs for $98m

OMG.... Does anyone seriously think for a basketball point of view that Yao and Chadler is worth this type of $$$ extension????

I understand that Yao as a commodity is probably worth 5 times this amount to the NBA, Chinese Government and the Rockets, but still can the Rockets really afford this considering T-Mac is maxed out.

Link to the article:
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16455074-23769,00.html

Now, one of the worst contracts I've ever seen, Tyson Chandler is getting $98 million.... that's a damn joke...........

Link:
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16466956-23210,00.html

Topic #4181 | Report this topic

m dizzle  
Years ago

well judging on chandlers market value he had a very similar season to samuel dalembert and he signed for $64 million so it seems the bulls have overpayed there

Reply #48615 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

big mistake signing him for that much ... it will make him hard to trade in the future .. for the bulls sack i hope he shows inprovement

Reply #48616 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Agreed m dizzle, I thought that Dalembert was a fairish deal, but Chandler has just swindled the Bulls bigtime.... I wonder what's going through Eddy Curry's mind at the moment.

Just how much is potential worth these days...

Reply #48617 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

big mistake signing him for that much ... it will make him hard to trade in the future .. for the bulls sack i hope he shows inprovement

Reply #48618 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yeah TR i was thinking the same thing about Curry, what is he on?

Reply #48627 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Curry, at the moment.... bugger all...

He's still having troubles getting someone to insure his heart. I think the Bulls have offerred him a qualifying offer of just a tad over $5 mill for one season. Problem with that is that he becomes a unrestricted free agent next year and will goto the highest bidder. The Bulls won't be able to afford him considering Gordon and Hinrich will be wanting large paydays shortly. The Bulls can't carry 2 high priced centres.

Reply #48631 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

thats a joke chandler 98 mil.geez what is curry going to ask for then?
chandler is no where near worth 98 mil.he might end up like a sprewell or allan housten.getting the big bucks and doing #*ck all.

Reply #48670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is actually $78M US which is $98 AUS.

Still think that it is a bit over the top for a solid middle of the road guy.

Reply #48671 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754