Anonymous
Years ago

Best basketball size for a four year old

My nephew who is turning four wants a basketball to bounce. Not to actually play basketball yet but a ball he can play around with and bounce it up and down.

My question is for a four year old's hands what size of ball would be appropriate so he can bounce it without difficulty?

Thanks.

Topic #41827 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Size 5 is U8/10 and what Ausie Hoops start with at Age 5. You can get smaller but being 4 I would start with the 5.. U12/14 boys use a Size 6 and the. u16 boys and above a size 7.

You can buy a size 5 Spalding 50 from sports stores or sports centre port rd. That will do for his first ball. Suggest you ring around first or try your local club by looking at Basketball SA website as some clubs sell balls and have them in stock.

Reply #647843 | Report this post

IDM Sports  
Years ago

We sell basketballs very cheap and have a range to choose from we have all your top brands you can go on our website www.idmsports.com.au we are a local company in Adelaide our number is 8371 5794.

Regards
IDM Sports

Reply #647881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Size 5 it is.

Thanks for the help.

Reply #647895 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Size five is what you need

Reply #648331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Went with size 3.

Size 5 was way too big.

Reply #648335 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:05 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754