Lost In The Sky
Years ago

Ozhoops Boards Re-Open

Finally the Ozhoops boards are open again with a new look.

I've posted info there about the 2017-18 Ozhoops DT Leagues to those who are in those leagues.

Topic #41842 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhh. A more elegant forum from a more civilised time

Reply #648178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Expect the usual trouble makers to return and ruin it again.

Reply #648179 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

It was never ruined. Those (so called) trouble makers often had valid points that those who posted differing views resented being called out on were not inclined to enter a healthy debate on the issue.

Even if that upset people I for one appreciated a differing point of view and the ability to robustly discus issues if I was invested in those issues.

Great BB forum and skews to a slightly different demographic to this one.

Enjoy both or stay away from either.....great to have choice.

Reply #648201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I liked the healthy debates there and the humour.
But I hated the unhealthy wankfests that were poorly disguised as debates. Neither could many others judging by how traffic dried up to almost zero. But good luck to them. I hope they get a good moderator this time.

Reply #648209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes. They ran the last one out of town. Bullies at their worst.

Reply #648210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the URL?

Reply #648213 | Report this post

http://www.ozhoops.com.au/forum.php

Reply #648215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if I can register the name CURIOUS or if that is still black-listed...after "the incident."

Reply #648228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the incident with Curious?

Reply #648243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lying that he was a pedophile just to get him to finally quit. It worked but wow how vicious.

Reply #648244 | Report this post

Yes bullies and nasty people resort to low gutter dirty tactics. Just like the person. The slandere is still kept and available.
The name was never blacklisted the Ozhoops handled the matter poorly. Let's hope that it doesn't allow the bottom feeders to return.

Reply #648247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That isn't what happened.

Reply #648248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Isaac wants a repeat of the issues here but Curious was a trouble-maker who used people's personal information when he wanted to make a point when he disagreed with them. He went as far as starting to invent stories about people in order to try and win an argument.

When the tables were turned, he spat the dummy and threatened to sue everyone on the planet yet he still parades around here with no change to his behaviour.

Reply #648249 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Is Durbanandshark still posting? That dude is relentless with his posts that no one every responds to about small or pointless leagues around the world, its legit awesome if you want to kill some time.

Reply #648250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only one person to sue. The evidence doest like.

Reply #648252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who would you sue after 5 years??

Reply #648255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lying that he was a pedophile just to get him to finally quit. It worked but wow how vicious.

Reply #648257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both sides were troublemakers. Some really disturbed people are online.

I thought the site died. Went on and had a look and there is no traffic even before the site was down for a while? LOL, not surprised. and yes there are Durbansandshark entries still going... hahahaha!

Now to move on...

Reply #648259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"oh, my nickname was insulted on a basketball forum! I'm going to sue!!!" - Bruce

Reply #648261 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

And so it begins

Reply #648292 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"Lying that he was a pedophile just to get him to finally quit. It worked but wow how vicious."

I don't understand who said who was a pedo and who quit.

Reply #648300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1. a user by the name of curious started posting unsubstantiated personal info of players/coaches/other posters to big note himself when arguing

2. Another user called him on it and used the example of calling him a pedophile to show anyone can make something up.

3. curious chucked a tantrum and threatened to sue Derek if he didn't deal with the other poster.

4. The other poster was banned but when the community did not support curious "he took his ball and went home" asking for his account to be deactivated.

Reply #648397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5. The other poster was also a bully and also bullied the weak moderator to unban him on more than one occasion.

Reply #648408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just admit it, curious. You acted like a dick for years, you got called out, and you couldn't handle it. Change your behaviour.

Reply #648418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullies then and still. In life too. Nothing has changed.

Reply #648419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask Skindog his thoughts.

Reply #648422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

curious has NFI

Reply #648425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

curious wasn't the only troll. That place was like living under a bridge.

Reply #648427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah, the curious and Skindog alliance, where Skindog would allow curious to act like a dick just so he could get some occasional inside info.

curious is like Boti. His game was all about having the inside word. When he didn't have the inside word, he just made stuff up to feed his ego. He started to believe his own shit after a while.

Reply #648429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never let the truth get in the way of a thug defending the indefensible. Oh I didn't mean it
He tripped.

Reply #648441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never ending story

Reply #648444 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

In about 2004, Curious used to carry drinks for visiting teams at The Cage.

One night the Tigers hosted a mediocre Hunter Pirates outfit featuring Russ Hinder, Geordie Cullen and others.

I sat courtside and got into the rooms at half time Thanks to Curious. The Pirates thought they'd get the older Tigers as the game wore on. I'm pretty sure Melbourne kept their lead and won comfortably.

Curious was rough around the edges but not a bad guy. Back in the day Ozhoops was full of normal people, everyday bball people like Dicko, Skindog, Southern Joe, Danny the wannabe coach from Gladstone, Pete the Dragons fan etc. Over time forums fell out of vogue. That place was strong from around 2000 til 2010ish and then declined gradually . Although it probably peaked around 2005. Endless hours....

Reply #648488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He took you in to the changerooms, you say....not sure that helps his case!

Reply #648502 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

Rough around the edges LV. I resemble that comment. That wasn't rough it was mould rust and gangrene. Glad you enjoyed as did SJ too.

Reply #648575 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Yep. Thanks for that, Curious.

While forums have declined a bit .. the problem with Ozho was that it was becoming like the old ABC & NBL Live forums. It was becoming a sandbox for overgrown children.

There were some there that took things waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too seriously about non bball stuff.

After I myself had had enough , I stopped going there for a while. That was after something I did that I got criticised for....... and was confused about some other folks' actions that didn't seem to get as much attention as it should have IMHO.

But thats all in the past.

I won't be goaded no matter what because I feel that it doesn't really matter what some faceless ( to me) troll or keyboard warrior has to say about me.

I'll reply if i feel the need to ... but I will play pretty much a straight bat.

Reply #648621 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754