Matt
Years ago

Dustin Martin best ever talk

Dustin Martin:
Does he have the potential to surpass Wayne Carey/Gary Ablett jr/Leigh Matthews by time he's retired? Has he even overtaken them now eg norm smith medal/Brownlow/premiership all in one year. Lee Matthews said it was best year he'd seen from a player ever... Plus the great full forwards he might end up be greater than to..

Topic #41844 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shouldn't have got the norm Smith.
His don't argues were high yesterday but never gave away any frees.
Good played but not in the greatest category yet.

Reply #648183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome player for sure but yeah I agree he shouldn't have got the Norm Smith

Reply #648184 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

He'll need to put in a few more elite years before he's in the conversation with Wayne Carey, both Gary Abletts, Buddy Franklin, Judd as true modern day AFL era greats. He's 26 so it's quite possible he'll get there by the end of his career.

Reply #648196 | Report this post

lookingforward  
Years ago

the game was already won before Dusty had any influence.

Houli kept the tigers in it in the 1st half when they were under pressure

Reply #648214 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Great season yes.
No where near all time greats ....yet.
Half a dozen Tigers could've won Norm Smith

Reply #648216 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

Houli prob would have got it if he didn't spray his last kick.

Martin's got a long way to go to get into that Warwick Capper, GOAT zone, but damn if he didn't just have an amazing season.

I just hope the off-field stuff that got in the way of his game early on don't pop up again.

Reply #648223 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Norm is decided early in the fourth.

You can't just call Dusty the GOAT adter a couple of great seasons -- one really excellent season.

Only a few years ago he was a pisshead and had no focus. Didn't do much, relatively speaking, for the first handful of years

Reply #648226 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

He was smart, knowing Adelaide were ready for don't-argue's he'd simply set-up free players. 21 of his 29 touches were contested. Highly influential and was my pick.

Houli did his role to play loose and creative very well but I just about would have gone for Nankervis as second best - I know what your thinking but it was the work he did between the restarts that impressed.

Reply #648242 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The Guy is savage. Straight up beast.

Reply #648288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One great season does not make a GOAT thread, tied Woewodin in brownlough medals.

Reply #648492 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Fyfe was better in his Brownlow year

Reply #648493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:13 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754