Hoops
Years ago

WNBL Round #1 Betting

Just wanted to put it out there for anyone who bets on the WNBL. Personally like to bet on the lines and totals for the games. Also injury updates can be very hard to find in this league so any information would be appreciated.

This weekend we have
Thursday:
Rangers vs Boomers

Friday:
Lightning vs Flames
Capitals vs Spirit

Saturday:
Boomers vs Fire

Sunday:
Capitals vs Lightning
Lynx vs Flames

Topic #41870 | Report this topic

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Melbourne - Louella Tomlinson to miss the first few rounds with a fractured finger, Cambage to begin limited minutes (likely only 15)

Adelaide - Clydesdale out injured, apparently placed on the 'injury list' with Planeta put into their roster to replace her (according to the Boomers WNBL Wednesday). Must be pretty serious if they've gone to the lengths of replacing her. Also potentially Bishop to play limited mins coming back from ankle surgery.

Perth - Toni Farnworth (Edmondson) out for most if not all of the season with fractured wrist

Canberra - Jarry could be on limited mins coming back from a knee injury.

Dandenong - Laia Palau potentially on limited mins with injury concerns in the preseason

Townsville - Marena Whittle may miss early or play limited mins coming back from a knee injury.

Bendigo - unknown, assuming full strength

Sydney - Tahlia Tupaea out til December/possibly whole season with a foot injury.

Reply #648587 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Sydney Wiese (LA Sparks) obviously won't play for Townsville this week.

Reply #648594 | Report this post

Anony-Mouse  
Years ago

Market is up for the Boomers @ Rangers and it's a bang bang play, with both teams starting even. Under/Over is set at 150.5 for the game also.
Mouse Tip - Boomers and the Under.

Reply #648602 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Awesome, thank you very much for those injury updates everyone..

I personally like the Rangers in this game seeing that the Boomers will lack some size and height in this game with Cambage on limited mins. I do like Mijovic as well, good signing from Dandy. The total seems about right at 150.5.

Reply #648609 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Dandenong 2.10
Dandenong +1.5 @ 2.00

I'm not convinced we need be too carried away with Boomers straight away. Cole & Garrick perhaps benefit a further six months down the road from injuries, while Cambage potentially rusty (suspect 15mins will become 22+). For Rangers it sounds like Palau's leadership qualities is being felt and I'm particuarly keen to see how Sara B & Taylor Roberts go after impressing last year & obviously through SEABL. I marked Rangers favorite and am prepared to take odds 2.00 or better.

Reply #648729 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Well the Boomers looked good tonight and great calls by Mouse.. 2 from 2 mate, well done.

Reply #648856 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

With tonights games, I am liking the over in the Adelaide/Sydney game and also the Spirit to upset the Capitals.

Reply #648969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see a familiar name in here @ AshT

Reply #649082 | Report this post

Anony-Mouse  
Years ago

Thanks Hoops, I will try to keep them coming!

Reply #649133 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

"Good to see a familiar name in here @ AshT"
Maybe so if I can shake off a current losing streak. Was Ashtee at the old place.

I'm on Townsville @ 2.36. Stable squad and providing the attitude is right they should be a tough test for Melbourne. Still value in current 2.30 IMO, although has sneaked slightly under my cut off.

Reply #649137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ I was 'Dog&Under' there :-)

Also on the Fire today but took the points

gl

Reply #649141 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

I decided to cut ties with that place. Glad you're around. How did you fair last season (I ask expecting you held form)?

Reply #649154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it seems pretty slow over there nowadays across all the forums.. last year was poor for me in the wnbl, made a minuscule +ve ... diverted more focus to the NBL as both seasons wore on as I had a much run going there..

This season looks challenging with so many new look rosters but the big increase in talent across all teams should provide some good opportunities once we get our feet under the desk so to speak

Reply #649161 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Lynx $1.60 vs Flames $1.90 - Line is 1.5pts.

Reply #649183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A warm welcome to all my fellow punters :)

Reply #649204 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Seems like pretty crappy odds, Wilburs. If one team is $1.60 then surely the other should be over $2?

Reply #649205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly. What bookie is that? Ripoff odds.

Reply #649206 | Report this post

Hespect  
Years ago

Perth average odds $1.48
Sydney average odds $2.49

Line is Perth -4.5

Guessing just a typo/or typos.

Reply #649210 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I find Perth hard to predict this season (especially before even seeing them in action of course!).
When a team plays run & gun so relentlessly, anything can happen on the night depending on whether the shots are falling. And this season we've thrown away any illusion of having a more conventional plan B, with the front court going ultra-mobile.
I feel like this is a 50/50 game, with home court giving Perth an edge, but already having a game under their belts helping the Flames.

Reply #649211 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Very hard to back Lynx tomorrow because after watching Sami play hardly any time for Seattle I feel as though her confidence might be down a little and a great time for Sydney to pounce..

Reply #649213 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah I hope it didn't damage her mojo. But honestly I don't think she has the type of personality to let that get to her.

On the plus side, Williams had a superb WNBA season. If she hadn't only just touched down in the country I'd feel a lot better about Perth's chances, but that jetlag is a bitch. She'll still bring energy galore, but tomorrow I worry about whether it will translate into FGM.

Reply #649217 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Whitcomb was 100/1 to lob it into the ocean by the back end of the WNBA season. We did see Cayla Gearge struggle for Phoenix late too, so hopefully for Perth's sake Sami is back into groove too.

Reply #649231 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

... I will certainly be hoping she's in the groove.

Perth - Sydney Over 156.0 @ 1.91

I won't be too put off by Andy Stewart's comments that they will be a run & gun team, because it seems no big secret. Perenial high total team Sydney no doubt will be keen to switch on after a poor night in Adelaide (FG%53-36). FWIW, these two ranked #1 & 2 last season, averaging 156 each. H2H's were 183,162 (one sided with low scoring junk time Q4) & 168. 156.0 seems gone but some 156.5 availble if look around.

Reply #649353 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

I like that play Ash T.
My places now have it at 157.5 but still, read Andy's article and seems he wants to play even quicker than last season and Williams is the perfect fit coming from the Sun who were the quickest teams in the WNBA this season with over 70 shots per game

Reply #649389 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:15 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754