billo
Years ago

NBL TV issues

Is anyone having any luck with NBL TV tonight? Last season I took advantage of the Telstra mobile deal and got access that way, looks like that deal isn't on the table this year but when I go to sign up for the free team option I'm getting hit with an "offer not found" screen. Anyone got any tips?

Topic #41879 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I suspended my account after the finals. Put the card back on file this evening and now can't watch live. Have tried logging out and in.

Reply #648779 | Report this post

Chip  
Years ago

I can't get it at all - "playback network error" have tried in NBN and on mobile.

Very upset - nothing on the site - even their contact pages are giving a page not found error.

Stuffed it up on the first game of the season.

Reply #648781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same here... nothing... this is BS

Reply #648782 | Report this post

Chip  
Years ago

So many other organizations get this right - come on NBL - this isn't that hard.

Reply #648785 | Report this post

Borough  
Years ago

Working fine here. I have found that it doesn't work with Google Chrome. Try Edge on Windows or Safari on Mac.

Reply #648794 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

http://pages.nbl.com.au/tv/

Reply #648796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Working perfectly fine via PS4 pro web browser

Reply #648798 | Report this post

Chip  
Years ago

Confirmed working in edge and safari - might have been a nice thing to put on the website.

Reply #648800 | Report this post

Chip  
Years ago

http://pages.nbl.com.au/tv/

is working in chrome and give you the option to select the stream quality.

well at least we are getting to see some of the 3rd

Reply #648802 | Report this post

Chip  
Years ago

thank you NBL Fan :)

Reply #648804 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Got it working with Chrome iOS and in the NBL app on iOS. Can we pay another $5/mo for the ability to mute Homicide?

Reply #648807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Works everywhere for me, with chrome i did need to turn flash back on

Reply #648816 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Good to hear it's working for plenty of people, I might try a few tricks to bring it back to life at my end.

Reply #648851 | Report this post

Joey_Right  
Years ago

Sounds pretty bad, had the same network issues - my resolution, as much as I dont like to admit it...Microsoft edge worked great

Reply #648860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the games are free on that page?

Is it an oversight from last season as it says "2016/17". Odd.

Reply #648970 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Going to http://pages.nbl.com.au/tv/ my only option is "Channel for all games during the 16/17 Season". I know there are no live games right at the moment; I would have thought that there would be a replay of last night's match available. That doesn't seem to be an option. There certainly aren't the same options as were available on the old nbl.tv site.

I'd really like to watch the game tonight. I've tried using Firefox and Chrome on a Windows machine (it's an old XP box, I had to dust off after my Windows 10 laptop went into Lazarus' cave the other day, yet to be resurrected).

Reply #649012 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Going to http://pages.nbl.com.au/tv/ my only option is "Channel for all games during the 16/17 Season". I know there are no live games right at the moment; I would have thought that there would be a replay of last night's match available. That doesn't seem to be an option. There certainly aren't the same options as were available on the old nbl.tv site.
That's because it's just a backup page for when nbl.tv's live streams have an issue.

Reply #649014 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Thanks, @koberulz. So, my next query is: why does my login from last season not work? Has nbl.tv scrapped the free access to all games for club membership holders?

I even tried to create a new login for myself to be able to view only the Taipans games, and I got a message saying: "the cleeng team advises that the requested offer was not found in our database".

Reply #649019 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

No more free access.

Now, NBL.tv doesn't load today for the Cairns game.

Reply #649054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't load either, good yesterday nothing tonight:((

Reply #649060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are they that sloppy that the pages website worked yesterday? and why not leave it open until you fix NBL.TV.

Really LK?

Reply #649068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sloppy in that they just let it work as a rollover from last season's setup.

Reply #649070 | Report this post

Jmc  
Years ago

so the free access is not available now to Telstra customers - is this right??

Comes up as my coupon out of date and nowhere on Telstra site / NBL to get it again.

Realise it is only 5 bucks a month but the advertising structure of website should change accordingly

Reply #649147 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

I ended up paying the 5 bucks (and forty cents payment fee) for a monthly pass. I'm a bit pissed off to have to pay for it, when I've already paid for my season membership, but I wanted to see the game, and was too sick to go. Poor, poor, pitiful me, I know, but the point is I've paid once to see the game; I'd rather not have to pay twice.

Reply #649151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re joined again after not using it and I watched the Adel game flawlessly on PC/ TV and last night flawlessly on mobile whilst out. No issues what so ever.

Reply #649170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you care that much, contact Telstra.

If it's still promoted as free for Telstra customers, save the add.

If Telstra won’t deliver and you believe they have falsely advertised a benefit, you could try the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman. Not sure how you’d go, but your claim could be that you elected to use/ retain Telstra specifically for this benefit. Ask Telstra and TIO for a reimbursement of your $5 per month.

Reply #649173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why can't Foxtel just have you being able to purchase just one Channel, ie basketball only for say $5.00 a week, get Nbl, NBA and euro league.

Reply #649174 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

If Foxtel did that, and that is an ideal idea you have, they'll lose more money than they already are. People would only buy sport because I reckon 80% of foxtel people buy it just for sport.

They'll have to pay for all the crew, the staff, the broadcast rights, and production costs just for the one channel.

Foxtel is bleeding money as it is.

NBL.tv is killing Foxtel I reckon, and it makes NBA subscription look very expensive.

Reply #649179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't need Foxtel and I beleive a lot off others don't either but I would pay for a basketball channel. At least they get some money from me. I thought the Nbl production cost were being met by the, Nbl, as far as NBA, euro league the costs are there anyway.

Reply #649194 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Foxtel as a core business is still very profitable, it made $59 million last financial year even with more than $100 million in write offs from bad investments in Ten and Presto.

The bad decisions of its board are a much bigger threat than a lack of customer demand!

Reply #649198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the NBL TV free account back for anyone else?

I just went to sign up for a paid account and was presented with the free option which I have not seen all season.

Reply #649200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The PC version of NBLTV won't take me to the live Perth game. Mobile app is perfect.

Reply #649260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PC version points you to last nights Adel game. No mention of the Pert game live at all. However if you follow through with the link it does take you to the live Perth game.

Reply #649267 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:18 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754