Isaac
Years ago

Goulding out for three weeks

Olgun Uluc on Twitter:

Chris Goulding (appendix) has officially been ruled out of Melbourne United's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Recovery time: 3 weeks

Topic #41885 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Expected appendix recovery time.

Reply #648998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Thanks Dr Anon!

Reply #649000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide let the league down by not closing their game last night.

The "bigger better beast in the east" will be vulnerable for three weeks... need to capitalize on this.

Reply #649004 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I was a bit surprised that Ware and Prather played 38 and 35 minutes last night.

If they are fit enough to play those minutes, and stay out of foul trouble then CG43's absence shouldn't hurt United too much.

Reply #649009 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Despite winning last night, I thought Goulding's absence was fairly apparent.

Prather is obviously great but better suited to the 3, with Chris at the 2 soaking up some ball handling pressure from Ware.

Moving Prather to off guard and having Moller play the 3 last night was a fail with Moller exposed defensively on countless occasions. Lucky for United that Barlow came off the bench and did something. I'd hate to see what OKC does to Moller if Dean is game enough to start him again.

Reply #649018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller got caught out in help defence covering for other players. Had a good second half as was mentioned by Vickerman. OKC is another proposition altogether, look stronger than the Jazz.

Reply #649044 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Creek also got beat a few times by Wesley and Anderson but no one seems to comment on that. That's where the lead got realestate in

Reply #649053 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

Moeller needs to stick to put backs, slashing to the basket and playing D.
He almost blew it with the ill-advised 3 pointer with 5 mins to go.

Reply #649076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every one misses 3 pointers, Moller is actually got 40% three point shot in seabl stats. If you're open shoot it, no matter who you are.

Reply #649084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne shot a very good percentage, so are you suggesting that they would have scored more if Goulding played? Who wouldn't have taken the shots? They are so deep that Goulding out means nothing, as other get more of the ball who are great at this level too. In fact, I feel the ball moved better without Chris on the team. This may well be his last season in Melb.

Reply #649150 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"I was a bit surprised that Ware and Prather played 38 and 35 minutes last night.

If they are fit enough to play those minutes, and stay out of foul trouble then CG43's absence shouldn't hurt United too much."

In the short term that won't be a problem, but as we saw last year with Sydney, if you ask guys to do that for too long it will wear them down. The league is too fast, physical and deep to get away with it.

Reply #649152 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754