Aussie
Years ago

Wildcats v Bullets Saturday October 7th

Perth Wildcats v Brisbane Bullets

Where: Perth Arena

When: 8:30pm Eastern Standard Time (5:30pm Perth time)

Tickets and Membership: wildcats.com.au

Television: Foxtel, FOX Sports 503

Streaming: nbl.tv

Thoughts: I really don't think Perth should have too many problems.

Topic #41890 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

11,000 members in attendance.

Free gym towels.

Debut of DCJ.

Raising of championship banner.

Overall celebration of being the best club in the league both on and off the court.

Good luck Brisbane.

Reply #649160 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Danger game for the Wildcats, every team is new so you never know what may occur. Brisbane won this game last year.

Reply #649180 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's a bit different this year. Off the top of my head I think Sydney are the only team without at least seven returning players, so some really good stability of rosters.

This probably explains why the quality of the two games so far have been so high, there won't be the 3-4 weeks this year where most teams are getting used to each other and new systems etc.

Reply #649188 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

That's true paul. Most teams seems to have their aussie contingent together from last season. It'll probably just depend on which team relies on their imports to have an impact as they being new for some teams need to adjust. For the Wildcats Cotton has been here before so knows thee system, just need Tokoto and Cooke to adjust quickly.

Reply #649191 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Absolutely, and Perth have a pretty good record of slotting their imports in quite seamlessly around their core.

Reply #649196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth $1.52 Vs Bullets $2.45

Reply #649199 | Report this post

NBL Burger King  
Years ago

Vague playing. Is anyone out?

See $1000 just been placed on Brisbane.

Reply #649218 | Report this post

Rhea 79  
Years ago

In the quest to avoid listening to Corey Williams, Derek Rucker has a few of his mates around and is chatting about the game (like the Joe Rogan Fight Companion podcast).

https://youtu.be/HtQiwTkBjH8

They could make some improvements to the sound quality although I like the concept.

Reply #649239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please fox get rid of Redhage boring nearly sending me to sleep listening to him talk.

Reply #649251 | Report this post

Years ago

Would you prefer Brad Robbins come back?

Reply #649259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$1000 on the Bullets. Drugs have kicked in.

Reply #649261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only thing worse than a Wildcats player is having to listen to one speak.

Reply #649262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that Redhage on the mic? I thought Carfino had had a lobotomy or something

Reply #649263 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

LOL! Carfino with a lobotomy is surprisingly spot-on...

Reply #649264 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I don't like Perth

Reply #649266 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Cairns could use a PG like Travis Trice.

Reply #649269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Please fox get rid of Redhage boring nearly sending me to sleep listening to him talk."

I came on here to post the exact same thing. Most boring whitebread player ever with no personality and they hire him as commentator. That and they go the polar opposite with that tard Homocide. Vomit!

Why scrap Rucker????

Reply #649270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Cairns could use a PG like Travis Trice."

Paid.

Reply #649272 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

ooh I like what I see from my boys in the West. Cotton is the best player in the country and LOVES playing for Perth. He lives and breathes it. He has passion for this great club.

JP can jump OUT OF THE GYM. His athleticism will astound you. Just wait until he gets going he will be getting it done at both ends shutting down three-point shooters with his tremendous length.

Trice is a BALLER but Damo was right to call him out for a disgraceful flop in the fourth quarter.

Wagstaff is a great culture guy. Even Waxy looks like a good player again despite his head having been put in a can.

This is still the team to beat. Read it and WEEP

Reply #649275 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Tokoto looks good.

Perth deserve favouritism this season.

Reply #649279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Knight take another hit to the head?

Reply #649281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Vague playing. Is anyone out?

See $1000 just been placed on Brisbane.'

Jesus. I had Cats -6.5/Over 163.5. Never in doubt, pulse didn't speed up too much at all ;)

Reply #649283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Press conference live on Fox Sports News now.

Reply #649290 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

That was fun :)

Did Knight take another hit to the head?

Acording to Gleeson:
"took a knock to his cheek, so we didn't play him in the 2nd half. We'll see how he pulls up"

Reply #649306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know its one game but I am pleasantly surprised that Lucas Walker is playing well.I thought he wouldn't make a list let alone get any significant playing time. Good on him.

Reply #649308 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I think his stint with us last season showed that he fits in well with the group, and he's still got the hustle factor & athleticism to be effective. If he can keep hitting shots at a decent enough clip to at least make the D respect him then it should work.
I felt better about our rotations once we started finding scoring spots for JP in the 2nd half. Otherwise a lot of the combos looked like Cotton + Brandt as the scoring threats, with not much else coming from the other 3. But if Walker can hit the occasional J and Hire can hit the occasional 60-footer then the balance looks a bit better.

Reply #649310 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

Greg Hire currently on track to join the elusive 100/100/100 club.

Reply #649319 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Lol oh I love that comment above.

So anyone else notice we didn't see a dunk tonight ? And yet the game wasn't boring?

Gotta feel for Shaun Bruce, QBL MVP and didn't even get on court, Bullets really missed Mitch Young tonight and starting Te Rangi at the 4 won't get it done... had 0 rebounds, that's not gonna work too well going forward.

The unfurling of the banner was bullshit, all that build up for them to put a few colourful lights on it... that was dreadful.

Didn't notice any game night entertainment improvements unless you count the kids at half time that could actually dunk (we should be playing 2 games of 3x3 at half time) and whatever that throwing toothbrushes into the cup thing was.

Buford was very impressive and I think he's been heavily underrated coming into the season but I like the looks of him.
Tokoto is amazing, he jumps so high that he puts himself in worse shooting positions by the time he was releasing the ball, worth the admission just to see what he will do next. Tokoto vs. Conger will be brilliant viewing next week.

Great seeing Waxy start the season well and I'd be happy to keep him in the starting lineup for the forseeable future

Reply #649332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth should feel good about the result considering they got virtually nothing out of Cooke Jr and Knight. That's the upside they have. They have a more athletic line up than usual with Walker in there.

For Brisbane I was impressed with Trice and expect him to be let of the leash since he left Cairns like Torrey. I think him and Holt can coexist however the problem for Brisbane is they are weak as piss inside particuarly with Young out with Glandular Fever which could be a while. Kickert is not a fulltime 5 and Te Rangi can play the 4 in spurts but not as a fulltime starter. The way the team is structured I think one of Bruce or Gibson needs to go for an Australian big - not a reflection on them just how their roster is balanced. Bruce can feel hard done by as he was the QBL MVP this year and they recruited over him. Buford was better than expected.

Reply #649348 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The guy seems to get a pass because he can shoot but Kickert should be ashamed of himself only getting one rebound last night.

Reply #649362 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

@Zodiac, you know that Kickert is not known for his desire to sweep the boards. He scores points first and second, he sets a few moving screens, and that's about it.

Reply #649364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #649366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

someone please tell Casey what "nothing but net" means

Reply #649367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing but net can mean that the ball went straight in. Sometimes it hits back iron and goes directly in.

This was line drive straight through the hoop.

Getting caught up in semantics is Koberulz level of complaining

Reply #649373 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Anon 9373, "nothing but net" means nothing but net. No backboard, no iron, just the net. That's all. Find another way to describe the shot if it hits anything else.

Reply #649375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

someone please tell Anonymous #649373 what "nothing" and "but" mean

Reply #649379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do the Bullets still have Bairstow? I just noticed he is not listed on the players section on their website.

Reply #649566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is out injured for at least half the season if not all of it.

Reply #649579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I know he is injured, thanks.

Is he still on the team? If he was injured but still on the team, he should be listed as a player in the player profiles? It's weird....

Reply #649589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes because he has a contract for this season with them so is with the team I believe? But not sure exactly.

Reply #649602 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Bairstow is still under contract with the Bullets and thus 'on the team' but due to his injury has been removed from the playing roster.

He's not expected to play this season and signed a 1+1 year deal last year so the Bullets are probably a little miffed he picked up his option for this season despite knowing it was unlikely he would play.

Reply #649617 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm sure he'd want to be paid while injured... I know he got injured playing in the NBL, but did he aggravate the same injury as in the Olympics, I can't remember?

Brisbane could really use another big... Not sure Te Rangi is going to cut it at the 4 spot. Actually scratch that, VERY sure he won't.

Reply #649622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So in Perth on Saturday afternoon both basketball and cricket were on.

Basketball attendance 13,403.
Cricket attendance 1,000 if lucky (tickets were free)

Love it.

Reply #649785 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

What cricket was on?

Reply #649790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One Day Cup. Just live every year.

Reply #649791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good job KR. Wrong again. Such an expert, said no one ever.

Reply #649820 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

One Day Cup. Just live every year.
There are lots of types of cricket on every year, some more attention-getting than others. Is 1,000 even low by domestic One-Day standards? I'm surprised it's still around with the rise of T20, to be perfectly honest.

Good job KR. Wrong again. Such an expert, said no one ever.
I look forward to your post tomorrow about how my posts aren't contributing to the topic.

Reply #649837 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754