koberulz
Years ago

NBL Countdown

What did everyone think of the debut episode?

I wasn't really a fan. Mostly just a drawn-out pregame show with some clips that have already been posted on social media.

They mentioned both the Roberts and Illawarra-Cairns controversies, but brushed past both of them in a single sentence each that gave no more information than what was readily available. All they said about the Illawarra-Cairns game was that Illawarra were insistent they didn't lose, which just made them sound like they were whinging for no reason.

If you were watching that as a casual fan, you'd come away with a lot of questions and absolutely no answers. Those are exactly the sorts of stories a show like this should be covering, rather than 'Andrew Gaze dunked once in 1993'.

Topic #41909 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have preferred some actual analysis such as how Illawarra lost the game what they could have done better down the stretch etc

Reply #649502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Completely agree kr.

I was hoping for a studio show with talk about current topics and analysis of games.

It's been so long since NBL Wrap was on. Well over a decade ago since the last decent NBL TV panel show sucks balls.

Reply #649513 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Was Overtime any good? I didn't really follow the league that year.

Reply #649520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which season was Overtime kr? I can't recall it so that means it wasn't any good.

Reply #649580 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

2010/11, the year One HD actually cared.

Reply #649700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh that show. No, it was awful.

Reply #649706 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754