LC
Years ago

Is Ben Simmons the best Aussie prospect ever?

The moment is almost here. More than a year since a fractured metatarsal turned excitement into frustration, and the words 'no timetable for return' started haunting the hearts and minds of Aussie hoops fans, the time is nigh. Cross fingers, knock on wood, trust the process - Ben Simmons is on the verge of making his fully-fledged NBA debut.

Are you ready for the best Australian NBA prospect ever?

Topic #41924 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes. The injury was probably a good thing, the hype has died down in Aussie media, but i'm sure they'll take notice once he hits his stride.

Reply #650013 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Injury was a good thing? please...

Andrew Bogut had the potential to be great for a long time, and he was (all-NBA teams) but injuries got the better of him.

Lets hope Simmons does not have the injury curse

Reply #650015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hardly think any overhype from our piddly little media over here would affect him since he is in the US.

Reply #650020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Without a doubt the best prospect ever. There has never been a player as ball dominant with the feel for the game that he has with his height in history not just in Australia. You can argue guys like Lebron, Magic etc but none were this tall.

Reply #650071 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I am looking forward to watching Ben play, as I always do with the Aussies in the NBA, but especially him because of what he brings to the game.

He is the modern day prototype in many ways.

I think the Philly media will be enough hype for us all, don't you think..

Reply #650115 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Without a doubt the best Aussie prospect, and in terms of potential one of the better prospects ever worldwide. How many guys his size and mobility have ever had his skillset?

Reply #650120 | Report this post

very old  
Years ago

best male prospect.

Not talking about being PC

Talking about being
1) factual
2) respectful
3) aware

Reply #650726 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754