Pickem
Years ago

WNBL / NBL R2 betting

Yet to lock anything in for tonight but thought I'd at least get a thread going..

Topic #41928 | Report this topic

Pickem  
Years ago

Reply #650060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't bet on Sydney they miss too many shots

Reply #650063 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Surely Perth -5.5 is the bet of the round

Reply #650072 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

At this point the underdog is the value bet in every match, 3 out of 6 the favorites have lost.

Reply #650109 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Looking forward to tonight.

I kind of like NZ breakers at home again after their loss. The line makers did like NZ on Sunday giving them -5.5 vs Taipans and now they are dogs at home vs Kings who have just come back from Utah, then went home to lose against the 36ers and then head home after this game vs NZ as well. I know the Kings roster looks better than the NZ team but not sure the Kings have chemistry yet.

The other game is a complete toss up but you would think Perth can handle the Hawks who arent a good road team. -5.5 is not much for the Wildcats to cover.

Boomers in the WNBL has shot up 4 points since last night as I think Oliver, Griffin and Richards are all out. If thats the case, this game might be an absolute onslaught. I like the under more than anything because Bendigo won't be able to score if those players are out.

And sure Townsville -4.5 is the play vs the Capitals up in Townswville. Massive differences in rosters IMHO.

Reply #650121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How bad are the bookies re: WNBL lines?

Reply #650154 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Scrambled earlier to be on Melbourne Boomers -8.0.

Canberra Capitals @ 2.75

A lot to like about this team who do seem a lot about team. Three WNBA players, Hurst, Wehrung, plus depth - makes a lot of sense they are 2-0. I've marked Townsville favorite but think Caps are well worth a try at odds.

Borderline to take Illawarra Hawks straight up but perhaps will sit it out.

Reply #650184 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Happy to take the short line on Townsville tonight.. if this new look Canberra is ready to go up there and win then I'll wear it..

Fire -4.5

Reply #650224 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Interesting game tonight with the Flames at home for the first time this season against Dandy. I like the over with Mijovic and the Rangers dropping 3's along with the Flames following.

As for the NBL, liking Melbourne as they have been home for a few days not whilst the 36ers are coming from Cairns after their big win on Thursday Night.

Reply #650489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All three NBLxNBA games had a line of -30pts for the NBA sides. NBL cover all three, no doubt most took the NBA teams and got burned.

Reply #650514 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Good hit on Fire, Pickem. Hopefully Hoops too? Obviously were too tough at home again.

Tonight, Dandenong @ 3.65

Reports of a disrupted preseason but I'll have a go at this price for a spirited effort on 9-days from poor loss to Boomers.

Reply #650555 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm not tipping a Rangers win but $3.65 sounds like a good value punt to me

Reply #650557 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

Yeah AshT with you on the Rangers tonight albeit at the +8 ... marked Sydney-5 faves.. favourable spot for the Rangers as you've mentioned and a bit of a circle-the-wagons game despite it being early days with a tough double on the cards next weekend

Reply #650559 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Pickem,

Would love to hear how you came up with the Flames as -5 favs tonight in this game?

Are you using last year's statistics or player efficiencies etc?

Reply #650633 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

No stats Hoops, just my assessment of the matchup based on form, situation, motivation, injuries ect.. stats don't come into it too much..

Reply #650638 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Same here, just get very interested in the league and contemplate the 'cap's from there. Experience and gut feel are not inferior to formulating volumes of data IMO. I marked it Sydney 1.62 & -4.5

Reply #650648 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Thanks Pickem for the reply..

Reply #650663 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Thanks Ash T also with the reply.

Its good to chat to a few people that bet this league because not many I know do

Reply #650664 | Report this post

Pickem  
Years ago

FYI..

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/act-sport/wnbl-canberra-capitals-left-stranded-in-brisbane-ahead-of-melbourne-boomers-clash-20171013-gz0sd4.html

Reply #650688 | Report this post

Hespect  
Years ago

Not bad pickem picking the margin...

Reply #650690 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Great call Pickem on the margin and thank you for that newspaper article.

It doesn't look good for the Capitals at all.

Im seeing the line at -1.5 Boombers right now with Sportsbet. Might be time to jump on that now before the line increases.

Reply #650709 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

What do people (or administrator) prefer; WNBL - NBL betting in seperate threads or bundled in the same thread?

Personally I like them seperate but am open to what others think. One reason is that I watch most NBL in delay, meaning a visit to 'WNBL Betting' would come with lesser risk of being tipped off on NBL results.

Reply #651320 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Separate probably makes more sense I reckon.
I don't think there's a lot of crossover between NBL and WNBL followers here anyway.

Reply #651329 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754