Breakers v Kings Friday October 13th

New Zealand Breakers v Sydney Kings

Where: Spark Arena New Zealand

When: Friday October 13th, 5:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time

Tickets and Membership: nbl.com.au

Television: Foxtel, FOX Sports 503 www.foxtel.com.au
Sky Sports New Zealand

Streaming: nbl.tv

My thoughts: The Kings MUST improve their rebounding to have a shot at this. I'm leaning towards NZ getting the win at home

Topic #41929 | Report this topic

Tom  
Years ago

Kings look like they can score OK but have trouble defending. Breakers are having trouble at both ends and turning it over too much. Pledge, Loe and Penney will have to come up big for us to have any chance.
Jury is still out on Sosa and Newbill. Abercrombie was better than the imports last week but he can be erratic in the past.
We could get pinch it if we stay close but edge is probably to Sydney.

Reply #650191 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Breakers to win the the paint and rebounding. Breakers by 5.

Reply #650192 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Newbill will go nuts today, book it

Reply #650193 | Report this post

Pennywise  
Years ago

can we face it? I've seen people try to deny it - in comparison to nearly all the aussie rosters, this breakers team is weak. They'll be relying heavily on the likes of Sosa and Newbill who might not even produce...

Reply #650196 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Kings out-rebounded and giving up a lot of points in the paint. Humphries already picked up 3 fouls and looks way under-cooked for the NBL right now.

Reply #650200 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Kings severely undersized and Humphries is poor so far. Perth and Melbourne (tall teams) should destroy them.

Seems like a shame because they've put a lot of money into their guard rotation, why not get a good big man or two

Reply #650201 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

#ClassicLiveStats - Raukawa, Hunter, Garlepp and Daly have been "on" the entire first half in the live stats. All have 20 minutes and no stats :P

Reply #650204 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

J.Hunter (Breakers)...
28mins and not one single stat for anything!!!!!!!

What the actual f&%k!!

Is that even possible?

Reply #650219 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Aaahhh, Live Stats glitch. Ignore my last post!

Reply #650220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The live stats are wank. Sydney have 7 on the court according to this!

Reply #650225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reading Shane Heal's tweets tonight, it's as if he's just had that eureka moment in basketball where it hits you that defence is a thing and it can be valuable. It happens to everyone. Usually before the age of 47 but the important thing is that he got there eventually.

Reply #650226 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Breakers got out of jail tonight their ineptitude in the second half almost cost them again.

Reply #650228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Classic Heal.

Reply #650234 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Manu on the money again

Reply #650238 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Whatever Heal tweeted, Kings' defence on that last play was atrocious. It astounds me that the greatest Australian player in NBL history couldn't translate his vast experience to coaching.

Even before that play started, the Kings are already in trouble with that lineup on the floor. Its a tied ballgame, 3 seconds left on the clock and you have to make a defensive stop.

Humphries and Leslie haven't fouled out, why would you have Cadee guarding Ili instead of Leslie? Why on earth would you put Ellis on Pledger instead of Humphries, giving up at least 3 inches and 15kg?!?

Paulie must be smiling ear to ear when he saw Newbill switched Newley onto Pledger. What on earth was the Kings coaches thinking? Trying to get fired?

Reply #650241 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

Manu: You putting $$ on these shockingly accurate hot takes???

Reply #650252 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think those unenthusiastic "1.... 2.... 3.... Kings..." after a timeout tell you all you need to know about how Sydney are doing right now.

Reply #650259 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I did not. But I'd say I cemented my reputation as a shockingly accurate hot take beast.

Reply #650287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's your next hot take?

Reply #650289 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754