Anonymous
Years ago

Chris Patton to taipan's?

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/former-melbourne-united-centre-chris-patton-on-shortlist-to-replace-jawai/news-story/4676d1372ce1a6b1d24cd94b3b72afe5

Topic #41940 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Good opportunity for Patton I was surprised Melbourne dumped him in favour of Tohi Smith-Milner.

Reply #650471 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

There were other issues why he left Melbourne

Reply #650472 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Why the apostrophe? Chris Patton to the Taipan's what??

Reply #650475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sun's just beat the Bullet's

Reply #650479 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Nice contribution RG

Reply #650492 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

surprised he is eligible to play

Reply #650493 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

surprised he is eligible to play

Reply #650494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ RG it was a typo ya goose

Reply #650515 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Apart from being a solid body, didn't think Patton offered anything in his time with United.

Are there no better stop gap choices for Cairns? At a pinch I know Trigger lives up there and would offer more than Patton.

Reply #650627 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I actually thought they might go for Schenscher. Really they just need a big body that is somewhat of a deterrent.

Reply #650635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised his name is even coming up for the NBL unless price is driving Taipans decision. Just a big body, didn't seem to have any usable skills when at Melbourne.

Always speculated that he had issues with Demopolous, particularly when he wasn't on the team sheet for a particular game despite being suited up.

Reply #650667 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

The article is firewalled, of course. I'll be fucked if I'll pay a cent to news corp.

The Taipans probably do need another big body, but Patton was a bit of a stiff, if I remember rightly. Still, if that's the direction they choose, I hope it works out well. There aren't that many big guys around.

Trigger won't be back in Orange. That ship has well and truly sailed.

Reply #650708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just search the headline of the article to read full article

Reply #650717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schensher??? He could hardly keep his body on court for premier league.

Reply #650733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big stiff

Reply #650735 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Bring back Matty Burston!

Sydney also had that 7footer a couple of years ago that came in late as an injury replacement, Matt Andronicos should know the Cairns system as he's warmed the bench for long enough. Larry Davidson?

Anybody but the General's useless brother

Reply #651010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i played against him in a tournament over in malaysia, certainly not NBL standard, and much shorter than his listed 6'10

Reply #651083 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:35 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754