Years ago

Why do people think 36ers are top 3?

So I keep seeing people say its perth, 36ers, Melbourne then daylight. I get the perth Melbourne debate but can someone please explain where the hype for 6ers has come from?

Topic #41949 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deluded Sixers fans

Reply #650751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One bad game out of four.

Reply #650753 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

36ers won the minor premiership last year.

Shorter looks good. Moore is doing really well and bringing a lot more than Ferguson did.

Drmic has started the season really well. They're a young group so there's upside.

Reply #650758 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I haven't seen anyone say it's Melb, Perth, Adelaide then daylight. Most people have rated Illawarra pretty highly, a lot had them in top 3 pre-season predictions. A lot rated Sydney really highly too.

Adelaide has a really solid core of Australian talent and Shorter and Moore look like decent imports. They've got some talent across the board, just need to find consistency.
They don't have anywhere near the talent as the franchises who have opened the cheque book, particularly Melb and probably Perth, but they'll be around the mark.

Reply #650761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One bad game, smashed a terrible Cairns who were top of the ladder by virtue of 2 very close w's.
Beating the Kings. Hardly top 3.

Reply #650769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok anon, we all must agree with you now. I'm sure you picked them for minor premiers last season?

Reply #650771 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

They are definitely a top 3 team. I wouldn't be judging them from their 2 losses to united too much as they have had significant import issues. Yes I know that united had injury problems but they are in a whole different level with their depth and imports. They should still have the wood on most the other teams.

Reply #650793 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Maybe wait more than 4 games? Also where have you seen these ratings? Most experts have 36ers 4th or worse. Maybe you're just sh@t stirring.

Reply #650833 | Report this post

Years ago

LV yeah they won minor last year but they lost Randle who was the main reason they wom minor.

Snooch it was in one of the other threads someone said it then heap of 36ers fan jumped on board with it.

I would say 1 and 2 are a perth Melbourne fight then the rest are all on par for every other position. You can make a case for any of the other teams bar the Breakers for finishing 3rd.

Reply #650845 | Report this post

Years ago

Shano maybe use the search function youll find a few comments people have made about 36ers being top 3.
If I was going to stir sh@t I'd say 36ers fans are on par with perth for arrogance.

Reply #650849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least Perth fans have got success to support their arrogance.

Reply #650852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who's the 3rd best team?

Reply #650854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daylight, duh!

Reply #650858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add the Hawks to terrible.
Bush League.

Reply #650862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sixers' Australian core is amazing. Moore is playing very well as the 6th man. If Shorter is the real deal, then they could be right up there. Coaching is the only question mark.

Reply #650882 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What the reigning NBL coach of the year who just got asked by an NBA team to join their coaching staff for Summer League?

Reply #650892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They shouldn't. Will fade away this season can’t get that import combo right. Now Big Joe is going all emotional on social media, few dramas in Adelaide’s camp me thinks.

Reply #650898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is Big Joe saying?

Reply #650900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"What the reigning NBL coach of the year who just got asked by an NBA team to join their coaching staff for Summer League?"

Keep in mind that Gaze coached in the Summer League too. Maybe the standard is not that high?

Reply #650901 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Tell that to those who vote for coach of the year. In all honesty if you can't recognise that Joey is a very good coach you probably shouldn't be on a basketball forum.

Reply #650902 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Zodiac

2 new imports. Moore's ok.

What do the stars tell you about Shorter? Shortened season?

Reply #650903 | Report this post

Pennywise  
Years ago

what a knobhead the OP is, they've played very well. Same smartarse rubbish from Sixer's bashers each year. The only teams that look better than them are Melbourne and Perth, so they do look top 3.

Reply #650905 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Boti had them 4th. Olgun had them 6th. Tom Read 7th. I think between 3rd and 6th myself

Reply #650909 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Even with two losses ( both to United) Adelaide look top 3.
Melb v Perth for the title

Reply #650911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"In all honesty if you can't recognise that Joey is a very good coach you probably shouldn't be on a basketball forum."
Joey is a con. His reputation is based on the days of salary cap cheating and dodgy owners.
Beating the Taipans means nothing. The Kings nothing. Top 4? If they are lucky.

Reply #650914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with that Joey is a con/salesman. When the stars struggle he as the coach has always struggled to strategically get results. Luckily he has been rewarded for his work with a 5year contract FML.

Reply #650918 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Is there back coach capable of generating constant results when their stars struggle?

Reply #650926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo, Geordie even Fearne has got results with lesser talent. Joey loves his team running and making plays but that went missing last season in the ultimate choke to a moist Hawks Sam. Joey had no answers at all.

Reply #650936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only teams that look better than them are Melbourne and Perth, so they do look top 3.

I think Adelaide's offense is better organised than Perth's at this stage. I haven't seen a lot of them, but they seemed to have decent ball movement and understanding of their plays. Rebounding may be an issue at times though. Perth's offense seems to lack structure and identity at times.

Reply #651114 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

It seems we conconsistently rate the top 3 by how much cash they have to throw around. Not many rate teams with lower budgets but it's nice to see them have success against the teams that obviously pay for their success.

Reply #651253 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754