Duke Fan
Years ago

This is how your team responded

Walk away Andrew. Take your mate Van Wrongagain with you. No one wants to play for you. Garlepp, the guy you've shat all over, is the only one playing hard. You're done.

Topic #41998 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

This isn't good for him.

Reply #652041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sign roy hibbert

Reply #652042 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Lisch should have stayed in Wollongong with Bevo, sucks to see him apart of this basket case Kings organisation

Reply #652046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gazes body language is that of a dead man walking , will be amazed if he is still there by the end of the week. His reputation as a player should not save him.

Reply #652053 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If they cut Gaze loose they will just do something stupid like sign an unqualified ex-Kings player or a Demopoulos 'NBA' type to replace him.

Reply #652058 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Gordie

Reply #652068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shawn Dennis. Come back pls

Reply #652086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gordie would be good, an ex-King.

Reply #652087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leave Gaze there bring in gordie as an assistant, keep Ellis cut the other two imports. Get a point and five man, Maric even. Cut jvg.

Reply #652095 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Something has to change doesn't it. I told a mate I would be surprised if Andrew is still the head coach next round.

It's sad to see the Kings in such a bad place, geez I wanted to cheer Tommy when he hit both free throws. I didn't.

Reply #652117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leave Gaze there who has no idea about coaching. Epic fail. Dragged into the mire by JVG and the owners he has conned.
Spill from JVG down. Gaze allowed this to happen, BYE. JVG created this mess. BYE.

Reply #652132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have heard they have reached out to Shaun Dennis

Reply #652181 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I'd go for Shawn Dennis over Gordie as head coach. Both are outstanding coaches with extensive experience, but in this situation where a lot of the players are inexperienced and the team lacks a culture of hard work, Shawn would be perfect.

If you could lure Gordie as assistant to Dennis, even better. It would accelerate the process of turning around this mess. Most likely won't make the finals, but they might just avoid the wooden spoon.

Reply #652185 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Shawn Dennis is great at polishing a turd. He's your man

Reply #652202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shawn is happy in Japan last time I heard. Still has do deal with JVG which is where the problem really lies.

Reply #652204 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In recent years the Kings have offered some very good coaches very good money, but they have been turned down because there's little trust in the organisation.

Reply #652207 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Do we know who selected the team this season? Not even Popovich could make this roster succeed. They have one decent big man and he's too short to protect the basket. Leslie, Newley, Garlepp and Lisch are fine, but they've got no help. Cadee cannot defend and doesn't do enough offensively to be worth it. Everyone else is not even NBL material. If they couldn't find anyone better, at least keep guys like Maric and Jeromie Hill. Did they try to keep Brandt or Kevin White? Or did those guys run away from the organisation?

Reply #652210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blanchfield is NBL material, Garlepp also is. The roster isn't that bad. It needs a centre and lacks depth, but the main talent is fine. They have eight players who can all play well in this league if given direction.

Reply #652213 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I haven't seen Blanchfield play well in 3 years!

Reply #652214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great players aren't playing well, and you expect rookies like Pineau and Humphries to? Any team needs some rookies to develop, butbthe Kings problem is they have Singh and Thoseby and Daly on top of the rookies. Jeremy Kendle is trash, and the signing was never going to be good.

Reply #652219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why pay a rookie 5man $200g, they obviously think he's more than that.

Reply #652220 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Shawn Dennis is great at polishing a turd. He's your man

LOL! My point succinctly put. Hats off for the mic drop Manu :D.

Reply #652225 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Blanchfield has made consecutive contract decisions that were probably good for his bank balance, but not his career... Melbourne he was camped outside the arc waiting for the ball in a stagnant offense, and in Sydney he is playing out of position at the 4 spot. He's a good player and would probably be scoring 12-16 a night on a team like the Hawks.

Reply #652226 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754