???
Years ago

Who will LV blame for this loss?

Can't be home cooking...did they fly some NZ refs in maybe?

Topic #42006 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth
Wildcats
Perth Arena
Refs

...oh wait

Reply #652338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not spending enough $$$$ on players.... bwahahahaha

Reply #652340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The moon's alignment was off tonight

Reply #652341 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

LV will go through the video frame by frame and find a 2 second clip where Trevor Gleeson is disguised as a pot plant and talking to the refs.

Reply #652353 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Yes it was that bad call at the 3:52 mark of the second quarter that cost Melbourne the game.

Reply #652354 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Hey, I'm like the only person on this forum who said United DIDN'T deserve to be favourites

Instead of getting some credit when they lose 2 in a row I cop it

Go figure

Easy- blame Casper and CG43. United won't win many games with them playing like that

Reply #652479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why didn't you blame players on Friday. Exactly.

Reply #652485 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cos the refs called every soft foul on United and refused to call anything on Perth?

Cotton is the best player in the competition, United defended him well but the refs kept bailing him out.

With fair refs, United would've won Friday

Today different story. United has 4 legit stars on their roster but 2 of them had shocking games that don't do them any justice.

Good news is, both will likely bounce back next game. Watch yourself Bullets

Reply #652492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow keep digging that hole LV. Utd just aren't that good, NZ were average and beat them.

Reply #652493 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United were not good today.

But how often do you think Casper and Goulding will combine for 13 points & 6 turnovers, with 4 of 19 from the field?

Still deserve to be second favourites. Adelaide a close 3rd

Reply #652500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something is up with Goulding LV. At one point he was crying on the bench, it was on the telecast. Weird.

Reply #652501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the rag.

Reply #652502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if Utd didnt keep taking his landing spot the refs wouldnt have to blow their whistle.

Reply #652524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United overrated, not enough basketballs, you can see selfishness creeping in on occasion, too many stars not enough role players. Vickerman has his work cut out for him if he can get this to work.

Reply #652534 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"Instead of getting some credit when they lose 2 in a row I cop it"

You're not copping it because you did or didn't list United as favourites.

Your copping it because of your disgraceful carry-on after the Perth loss.

Reply #652600 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Lovebroker,

You're probably not all that a familiar with LV this is all part of his shtick. I'm not trying to put shit on him as he seems like an alright guy but as a diehard Tigers/United fan he used to cop a lot of shit for his 'woofing' and talking up Melb and sometimes other teams way too much (Kings last season) and then when attacked by all and sundry afterwards (who got sick of his woofing beforehand) painting himself as the victim being hard done-by by everyone despite being a self-proclaimed master tipster who is not only rarely ever wrong but who cleans up on betting.

Rinse and repeat.

Reply #652608 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I'm not all that familiar you're right.

My first real experience was 'Sydney then daylight'.

Reply #652611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac, you forgot his "anyone but Perth" mantra.

Reply #652612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United have no chemistry whatsoever. Wesley needs to pull his head in and stop trying to be a thug. Goulding needs to realise he is a terrible defender and should stick to shooting and Casper, has anyone actually found him? Heard he went missing....

Reply #652613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You should have read LV's woofing back in the McPeake era when the club were legit contenders every season and won titles. No humility at all when they won, even though it's just sport at the end of the day. The dude would gloat all the time, unless they came short and then start to play the victim for being accused of gloating. Nothing has changed.

Reply #652621 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Busted

I used to worship at the feet of the mighty Tigers 11 or 12 years ago, back in the Mcpeake days when I was a young lad who helped run the Tigers website. Mcpeake kept a tight rein on the cash, so there was an army of volunteers-of which I was one - doing things that are now paid jobs

Definitely not a diehard United fan though, not even a club member anymore, probably attended about 4 games last season. I am a United fan but have minimal emotional connection to the club. It's not like supporting an AFL team or the Melbourne Tigers when they have 4 years of unimpressive history!

Confident in my predictions, and right more often than wrong, but don't even get anymore either

Just happy watching games and getting onto hoops for hoops news, and continuing to try my hand at the armchair expert caper

Reply #652732 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Not even 4 years, this is their 4th season. Will they finally do something impressive?

Possibly. Best chance yet- but that's not saying much. It just means they should do better than get swept outta the semis!

Reply #652733 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Don't even bet* anymore either

Reply #652734 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Speaking of the McPeake days.....

A while ago I was trawling through my laptop and stumbled across an mp3 of a Tigers audio show I recorded in about 2006 for tigers.com.au

Fading in with the Tigers theme song (which could most generously be described as an "acquired taste") and fading out with it again at the end, it featured an interview with Darryl Corletto, snippets from a post match presser with Al Westover, and mention of upcoming games.

This season United started an official podcast, with first ep featuring Chris Goulding and David Andersen.

You could probably say I was ahead of my time :-)

Reply #652737 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

What happens when an owner and his mates sign players without ever thinking about team chemistry and how it will fit together.

Reply #652745 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754