charles
Years ago

Scoreboard

The biggest gripe I had last night was the lack of player's points and fouls on the scoreboard. I lost count of the number of times I looked up after a score only to see the blank space. I kept thinking, they're working on this and it will be OK soon. Wishful thinking!
All right, these gremlins happen, but surely the courtside announcer could have informed us it was kaput and then each time a player scored he could told us that player's total. That would have helped in part.
To me, that was the most frustrating part, not knowing what was going on in regard to players scores and fouls.
It was only after the game he announced the top 3 scorers from the 36ers and I think the top 2 of the Wildcats.
Not good enough.

Topic #4201 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

the foul bat is held out to indicate the number of players fouls it is held out to first so the coaches can see it, then the players on court then back so the coaches can see it

it is held out on all games from aba level up

watch the scoretable if you need to know how many fouls a player has
as soon as the ref has signalled the foul the bat will be held out

adelaide is very spoilt by its scoreboard

Reply #48787 | Report this post

supporter  
Years ago

Charles
You want the announcer to call the game and score it as well. When is he going to have the time to make all the other announcements you require.
If knowing the amount of points each player has scored is so important, keep the score yourself. Surely they are all team points.

Adelaide fans do not realise how lucky they are to have had such a progressive scoreboard for many many years. In Sydney & Melbourne they get a series of dots after a players name for fouls and nothing for points scored. Last night a computer glitch stopped the scores updating.

Reply #48789 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

Adelaide may be spoilt, but as a supporter of basketball, is this a bad thing to have as a "benchmark" for the rest... I think that after friday nights game, if the word spreads that it is a show including the game, maybe we will see sold out signs again.

Also, Isaac needs to be thanked for starting the ball rolling with this site. Alot of what is expressed on this site is usually negative and at some stage will have a negative result, but with what we have seen and heard over the past few months, shows that someone is listening and making the effort to make a difference and giving the fans some of what they are asking.

Reply #48791 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah thanks. But the scoreboard must go, each and every year without fail that thing fails to work at some point and last night was not good enough. The players have new uniforms (tops at least) and that money could have gone towards the scoreboard. The old uniforms were good enough and to me that is a waste of cash.

As for pre game stuff, i was happy that they were tryng something new but the bugs were there ie bringing out the wildcats soooooo early and then the spotlight stuff going so long. Also the band during the national anthem what was that! If they keep this up but iron out the bugs it should be much better.

Overall a good game and looking forward to the rest of the year.

Reply #48796 | Report this post

Fan Who Cares  
Years ago

It was a pain in the butt not having the scoreboard work with individual info. We do not need to go backwards just because other states do not have the facility. New uniforms??????? They could not afford a new one for Dusty apparently he had someone elses (Gower) with the name taped out. The band was great pity some fans who come late could not stand still while the anthem is being played/sang etc instead of continuing to talk and making way to their seats after all there is the time to do so after it has been completed. Love going love the atomosphere looking forward to a great season and I will continue to support the 36er's but there is nothing wrong with striving for excellence have some pride in your team and venue folks.

Reply #48803 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

Dusty's uni went missing in the locker room before game time ( look for it on ebay soon!) and so he had to wear Todd's uniform.

Interesting that Todd has a uniform for this year but is not in the squad?!?!?!?

Reply #48808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next time if the score board doesn't work they could do the scores on excel page and put them up on the new screen (it's all done via computer)

Reply #48837 | Report this post

charles  
Years ago

It wouldn't take long to announce that the scoreboard isn't working.
If I knew beforehand the scoreboard wasn't going to work I would take my pen and paper.
As you say, we may have been spoilt over the last 14 years, but why go backwards.
I can't see the foul bats from my seat.
How much more effort would it take the annoncer to say after "Maher scores a three", to add "taking his tally to 17 pts"

Reply #48852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754