Luuuc
Years ago

Ben Simmons: Triple Double Watch

Now just one assist away, mid-way through the 4th

Topic #42021 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Ben Simmons:
First player since Shaq (11) with four straight double-doubles to start their career.

- @nbastats

Today is the 3,542nd time an Australian has played a @NBA game but no-one has yet recorded a triple-double. @nbastats #HereTheyCome

The closest any Australian has previously been to a triple double is @andrewbogut for MIL vs ATL 15/4/06 with 24pts, 12rebs, 7 assists.

- @nblfacts

Reply #652779 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Would've had it if not for the offensive foul... I tell you what though, pretty easy to rack up assists with Bayless/Redick/Covington standing outside the arc.

Reply #652780 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He's got it. With 8/11 FG too plus 11/14 FG from Embiid - great combo.

Just need to get Fultz performing.

Reply #652781 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Got it now! :)

Those 178 people in the stands just witnessed history

Reply #652782 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Whoops, forgot I'm lagging behind the live cast... :)

Reply #652783 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Fultz looks attrocious IMO. Seen every Sixers game through summer league, and he hasn't shown me anything. Same spin move every time he gets into the key, and gets blocked at the rim 80% of his drives.

Reply #652784 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Highlights video from his triple double game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7pTA72pcKk

Haberstroh:

Ben Simmons just tallied a triple-double in his *4th* game. For reference, LeBron didn't get his first until January of his second season.

Reply #652786 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Just call him Brandon.

Because he's Roy

Reply #652800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

76ers nearly there. Too bad Fultz is the one dud. Argh! I guess life isn't easy.

Reply #652811 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Simmons is going to be a special talent; you can teach the ability he has to read and pre-empt the play - those are inherent qualities.

I am loathe to have to raise this on this thread and it's no undermining of Simmons' effort; haven't seen it wish Simmons' assists - but isn't the NBA getting out of hand with their awarding of assists; I saw Ball get awarded an assist yesterday after Brewer took two dribbles to score on a layup from the perimeter. That was in LAL so some home cooking?

Reply #652832 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Simmons has a rare combination of skill and size. Him and Embiid should be a formidable combination.

Reply #652834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MACDUB that is standard. Saw the same thing when Ball passed to Kuzma who laid it up after several dribbles in the Suns game.

Reply #652844 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

4 straight to start his career? Didn't he have 8 assists the other day?

Reply #652972 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Wait. Misread as triple doubles haha...

Reply #652973 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754