Reality
Years ago

Gaze & Co must win 5th November

Hearing that Gaze and Co have been given two weeks to turn the ship around with a key focus on Illawarra at home!

A poor start and a lack of corporate & membership sales has the owners worried it is going to turn into a money pit this season which they might never recover from.

Home losses in particular really hurt as people don't show up for a second/third time for a losing team in the SYD marketplace.

Topic #42041 | Report this topic

hoopie  
Years ago

I would have put it more strongly and longer-term, such as:
- win 1 in the next 2 weeks
- win 2 in the next 2 weeks
- win 4 in the next 4 weeks
- finish top 4
kind of thing.

And those are only Drewey's KPIs; I doubt if JvG has met any of his yet.

Reply #653315 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Lanard Copeland was packing his bags this morning, he will pack Andrew's bags neatly later today.

Reply #653332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck when the next two weeks to the 5th Nov are two derbies vs. Illawarra plus a trip to Perth sandwiched in. Not happening.

Reply #653346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah beating the Hawks is a key pointer to turning their program around?

Reply #653359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they lose Sunday, when the Hawks should be vulnerable again after the flight back from Perth, they'll end up 1-10 or 2-9 at best based on the schedule. So while I doubt the veracity of the claims made by the OP, at least in the short term, if it did get to that point at say 2-9, I think Gaze, as stubborn as he is, would walk of his own accord. The pressure would become just too much and I can imagine his family would beg him to come home. Not like he wouldn’t walk straight into a great media gig anyway. He’s got plenty of options.

Reply #653402 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Great media gigs in basketball don't pay 400k a year

Reply #653432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He meant going back to what Gaze was before - being a larrikin on AFL Foxtel shows. He goofed around and was getting paid for it.

Reply #653458 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Gaze & Copeland are copping a bit of what Jordan copped when he went to running a team. Other sides struggled to beat them on the court & they will now help them very little to win in other capacities. Gaze is making mistakes - something that didn't happen as a player & it's hard for him. Boti wrote a good article about how dejecting it would be for the players to see his deflated body language as they are letting down the best player Australia has ever produced! He's a great guy & no one wants to let him down. Maybe coaching wasn't for him as you can't be popular to everyone in the caper. I don't think this is going to end well...

Reply #653497 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I wonder how Lindsays record would have looked without Andrew on his roster?

Reply #653498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The hawks have the same record. Bring on the same criticism of the hawks GM and coach.

Reply #653505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at the Hawks budget and draw compared to the Kings

Example
Wildcats 4 - 1 (4 - 0 at home & 0 - 1 on the road)
Hawks 1 - 4 (1 - 0 at home & 0 - 4 on the road)

Reply #653513 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

orbit, not so much his demeanour (per other thread), but I wonder if he seems too much like another of the boys rather than a generation above. He can bark at them, but otherwise he's hugging and acting like he's a player just out injured for a bit. Could work against him when things get bad.

Reply #653515 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Gaze and Bradtke coaching the Melbourne Tigers Youth League seems to be about the right level for these two.

Reply #653622 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754