proud
Years ago

free burgers for home teams scoring 100 points

In watching the Brisbane @ Illawarra coverage the commentators told us that if the Hawks score 100 then they get free whoppers.

Fast forward to Thursday night and the Wildcats score 105 points at home against these same Hawks and get nothing!

Is there someone we can talk to about this or will they be given retrospectively at next home game?

Is this stopped by Healthway trying to put a dampener on a bloody good night out ?

I'm write this for two reasons, first of all I think every person attending an NBL game this season that sees the home game score 100 should get free Whoppers and secondly I want the Illawarra chant of "we want maccas' to ring out at every stadium... but you know changed to burgers or Whoppers or whatever.

Topic #42043 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its only an illawarra initiative. Past seasons its been a cheeseburger when they get too 100

Reply #653438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't touch maccas "food" even if it was free and I had missed dinner

Reply #653449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I already struggle to fit between the fried chicken and chips guzzling fans either side of me, I don't need them screaming for a burger they don't need.

Reply #653487 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

"And what kind of NBL fan could care less about a free burger"
They are called " children" halfwit!

Reply #653490 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Each teams membership from next season will incorporate 14 Whopper coupons.

Reply #653491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All started in TSV.

Reply #653493 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Wouldn't need to eat pre game if this applied in Adelaide.

Reply #653510 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I seem to recall those at the game TSV talking about it on here.. For me , it sounded pretty good , a game within a game when getting close to 100 points....

Reply #653518 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

I reckon its all just a bit of fun and a little treat for fans if their team gets to 100 points.
its about fan engagement.
Now that Hungry Jacks are league sponsors it is even better. They get extra publicity.
Every time the 36ers score 100points they get to give away 6000-7000 vouchers for a whopper!
Thats 6000-7000 potential customer going into HJ's to collect their freeby but HJ's know 80-90% of these cusomers will alos buy a coke, fries, whatever.
Great for kids, families and great for the leagues major sponsor.
Of course this all comes with a warnign about healthy eating etc.

Reply #653573 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Back in the Challenge Stadium days if it had been Whopper™ vouchers rather than Muzz Buzz vouchers for getting to 100, I might have actually used them. It was still good for some added spectator interest in a blowout win so I'm all for it even if Healthway might not be.

Reply #653578 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

Is this stopped by Healthway trying to put a dampener on a bloody good night out ?

Most likely - if they make the Wildcats cover up the Gatorade logos on bottles which you barely see in the background, I can't see them being on board with a public giveaway of 13,000 Whoppers...

Reply #653579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't the people of Illawarra afford a cheese burger? Talk about working class.

I bet they're Irish-Australians, you know, the ones related to your grandparent's side. #normanblood #whitecollar

Reply #653604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From a NBL e-mail yesterday:

FOR A FREE LARGE MEAL UPGRADE
SHOW THE NBL APP IN PARTICIPATING HUNGRY JACKS' STORES

Awesome. I'm going to grab myself a free upsize after slogging away down in the coal mine. Too bad they don't serve Guinness. To be sure, to be sure.

Reply #653607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do HJ burgers have patatas in dem? Burgers are no good widout patatas

Reply #653609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure the fries that come with the burger meal have patatas in dem.

Reply #653611 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"And what kind of NBL fan could care less about a free burger"

Anyone with kids?

Reply #653626 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I buy 2 gold seats to Wildcats games (membership costs $50 a seat) burgers at Perth Arena are what $12 or something ridiculous like that, if the idea of a bit of food before the next game doesn't interest you Wayne then poor you buddy.

This is meant to be fun and part of the game night experience, basketball is expensive and if you can feed your family cheaper then most people will try and do that,

As for Maccas or Muzzbuzz, no thanks... glad to hear that there will be Hungry Jacks vouchers in next years membershipa

Reply #653791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Muzz Buzz was so awful I struggled giving away their vouchers.

Reply #653818 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I buy 2 gold seats to Wildcats games (membership costs $50 a seat) burgers at Perth Arena are what $12 or something ridiculous like that, if the idea of a bit of food before the next game doesn't interest you Wayne then poor you buddy.
Perth Arena wouldn't let you bring Hungry Jack's food in with you anyway (nor would any NBL venue, I suspect), and I'd be very surprised if you could redeem the burger much more than 24 hours after the game.

Reply #653826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is all the talk about Healthway not allowing burgers?

Since when is a burger necessarily an "unhealthy" thing? There is bread, meat, and vegetables.

I think it is OK in moderation.

Reply #653827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think a 100 point threshold is too high. I think the NBA were the ones who started this sort of promotion and they play 48 minute games. The equivalent of 100 points in a 40 minute game is 83-84 points. Maybe 85 or 90 would be a reasonable figure to apply.

Reply #653828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754