Groovy
Years ago

Woodville and St Clair

Anyone know if Woodville is putting any money into St Clair? Their president is front and centre in every video I've watched lately about the new redevelopment and they’ve already named it "the new castle" on their Facebook page. You’d hope they were helping out with the finances. Not sure how much money they’re using to pay junior fees for players they’re trying to poach from other clubs but even a small donation would have been helpful.

No one from Magic in anything though, have they permanently moved to The Parks?

Topic #42055 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What rubbish! Did Norwood put anything into arc or centrals starplex? And will north do the same. And what sort of donation into a multi million dollar development suffice. And woodville are hardly the worst at poaching. Stupid post!

Reply #653783 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

Thought i read for some interest but groovy is goofy.

Reply #653789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would say the investment made to StClair recreation centre on Woodville's part will be the $$$ spent on court hire and use of the facilities as a major tennant over a 30-50year period. Which guarantees the council $$$, usage of the facilities and service to council's community through all the programs they can run in the facility.

Reply #653794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they can have sausage sizzle each week at site and proceeds go towards the 26 million, you idiot groovy!!!

Reply #653796 | Report this post

Years ago

Maybe could rent out as as indoor doughnut track.

Reply #653812 | Report this post

Juno 91  
Years ago

Money would go to the BSA refs, not the council.

Reply #653873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find it interesting people think that BSA will automatically get the stadium rights , with no CEO or financial staff member on board I'm pretty sure their tender will be lacking a little detail

When it goes to tender there will be plenty of interest from other parties to manage the complex

Reply #653898 | Report this post

Really??  
Years ago

How much are north paying towards lightsview? How much are Eastern putting towards the new my barker stadium? How much did centrals contribute to starplex? Sturt to Pasadena? Forestville to Wayville?
Stupid post, when you should be celebrating a new facility for basketball in this state and the western suburbs community that is well and truely overdue. Flog

Reply #653909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the arc the negotiations went up to last minute despite Norwood saying it was theirs, prices apparently increased and the contract finally was signed last minute with Norwood desperate.
Things might be same with woodville but with their number of teams they may not be considered major tenant. Hopefully it has more than two full size courts.
Sounds stupid that because they're spending a few thousand to get players they are also expected to put in a couple hundred grand, if not millions to build the place.

Reply #653947 | Report this post

Gilbert Grape  
Years ago

Department of Education are putting in millions so Woodville High can use it whenever they want, don't see their principal getting handed some old floorboards. Funny how Warriors are talking it up as theirs when you would think they’ll be sharing it with another club.

Reply #653953 | Report this post

Years ago

And what club might they be sharing with. Has to be div 1 club or bsa are going a different direction. Why are we not celebrating the second stadium build of 4 projects. Groovy grape your are sore grape. Basketball needs vision and promotion not negativity. Get back in your vat - too immature.

Reply #653989 | Report this post

40flog  
Years ago

How long had they been sharing it without a Premier League team...

Reply #653992 | Report this post

Years ago

Warriors always had premier League teams.

Reply #653997 | Report this post

40flog  
Years ago

Yeah shit comment by me. They've shared it with Magic, who don’t have a premier league team, since Magic started up.

Sharing it "with a club" without a premier league team.

Reply #654010 | Report this post

Years ago

I for one - am just happy to see some better, modern venues. Plaudits to the people that are making these things happen for our communities.

Reply #654038 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

I agree that its fantastic to see Councils build new basketball facilities.

I also believe they should choose the most fiscally responsible basketball tenants

read in to that what you will..cue 'flog' insults from Woodville supporters

Reply #654066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville will have 6 courts - one for each team at their club is that the plan?

Reply #654144 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Happy to see new venues being built with quality courts and seating, IMO not much else matters. stop being petty.

Reply #654148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if Woodville were getting a court per team they would need 36 courts

Reply #654179 | Report this post

Years ago

Outstanding project that benefits the western suburbs community. Long overdue and gratefully appreciated. Thank you to all involved.

Reply #654208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if Woodville were getting a court per Div 1 girls team they would need 0 courts

Reply #654331 | Report this post

Years ago

Ha ha 331. Thats a very in depth comment. Of course you wouldnt have any positive comment. So you be happy with no courts. Moron.

Reply #654352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anything that helps basketball in this state is a bonus, pity all areas can't get a facility like this.

Reply #654386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not about negativity it's just outside of Woodville the clubs are sick of seeing that place shoot themselves in the foot over and over again, never improve and be the laughing stock of this state. New gym ain't fixing that!

Reply #654394 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

A new gym will give opportunity.agree current venue not good enough. Not sure club was laughing about the courts. Smiles that visiting teams going to play in 21st century pavillion and not rocky horror show remmants. Be shooting hoops not bricks.

Reply #654987 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

^^^ I'll smoke what he's been smoking..^^^

Reply #655058 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Meaning to say st clair has been venue that given many hoopsters great memories and plenty of fun times shooting hoos.whethet shooting up and making big plays its western institution a mecca of ballers. Soon just be air balling before the big dance. Cant wait to rock a few shots. Hope its called city of charles sturt citadel

Reply #655357 | Report this post

Tim too  
Years ago

Things moving along very nicely at st clair. No sure about leaving the front section. Pity.

Reply #661531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

front bit is heritage listed they had to keep it

Reply #661535 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754