Isaac
Years ago

Knicks at Cavs today

Cavs smacked 95-114. An anomaly? Meaningless this early in the season? Doesn't matter until they have their full team?

Worth noting that the Warriors were beaten at home by Detroit and the Spurs couldn't get past the Pacers.

Anyway, third straight loss for Cleveland, including to the Nets, Pelicans and Knicks. Any worries amongst Cavs fans?

Topic #42068 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Not really concerned... Their team defense is atrocious, but LeBron is looking bored during this run. I think they'll turn it around, but not sure they are a lock for the #1 seed unless IT comes back as good as before.

Reply #654231 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Cavs look disinterested for the most part, and some of them (e.g. Thompson) look out of shape too.

Every aspect of their defense has been horrible, and they rely on hitting 3s offensively - which wouldn't be an issue except there isn't a lot of movement or intent to create easy shots in the paint, which opens up shooters.

LeBron's barely in second gear and carrying the team. Jeff Green has been the only other consistent contributor (when he's not settling for 3s) in my opinion. Rose has been servicable when he's played, and Korver has done well offensively but exposed on defense.

Can't see them as the #1 seed since they could only be around .500 by the time IT is healthy.

Reply #654242 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Though usually I don't buy into too much early season form (especially in a season as long as the NBA), I do believe this points to bigger issues with the Cavs.

Their interior defence and rebounding is terrible. They're too small.

Their two "bigs" (Centres) are Tris Thompson and Love - one is 6"9 and the other 6"10. Frye is really their biggest player within the actual rotation at 6"11, but he is allergic to the paint.

People say GSW play small-ball but yet at least they have Pachulia and McGee who bring size and rebounding/interior defence. Cavs are ultra small.

Reply #654388 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754