Isaac
Years ago

After a few games, who's your NBL MVP pick?

We've had a few games to check out new imports and team structures. Any thoughts on MVP chances?

Topic #42075 | Report this topic

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

Conger.

Reply #654400 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Lisch

Reply #654403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wayne Veale

Reply #654406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J.P.Tokoto has to be up there. Though plenty of what he is doing in D is not reflected on conventional stats.

Reply #654407 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, Tokoto would be up there. All the PG hype around Cotton/Ware, but Shorter/Sosa/Trice are probably the 3 best performers at PG so far, maybe Shorter #1 overall.

Reply #654409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're all sleeping on ADNAM

Reply #654414 | Report this post

Henry Snow  
Years ago

I like Prather's game. Keeping MU afloat at the moment (just).

Reply #654416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shorter - Great all round game. Rebounds, points and assists, even play defends which is strange for 36ers point guard

Reply #654418 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

Shorter, makes the team better when he is playing and they one game he missed was the United blow out.

Reply #654420 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Shouldn't that be %$%$%$ Wayne %$%$%$%$% Veale?

Reply #654421 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Sosa has to be getting some serious attention, can't see many votes going elsewhere on NZ.

Reply #654423 | Report this post

El Vee  
Years ago

The refs are the most valuable this year

Reply #654428 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

If we are talking about the real meaning of MVP (Most Valuable), wouldn't Perry Ellis be a front runner?

Without him the Kings would be dead last and losing by 20+/game.

He is the only one that consistently shows up and much is put onto his shoulders.

Other examples of players winning the MVP who weren't statistically the best.

- Rotnei Clarke.
- Steve Nash (NBA example as well).

Reply #654430 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Daniel Johnson's going well.

Reply #654436 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

Conger is the man

Reply #654444 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What by leading a GF team to the bottom of the ladder?

Reply #654453 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Buford an outsider worth a punt

Reply #654455 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Notice above that Wayne Veal got a mention. I'll vote for Wayne too.

Reply #654475 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Shorter, Tokoto, Prather and Ellis are all in the mix. Maybe Boone. It would be nice to see a big guy win it.

Reply #654478 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Buford has been the big surprise packet but I'd say Perry Ellis and Demetrius Conger are fighting it out right now simply because they look like the rest of their teams aren't on court... they will be up there more seriously when more players come along for the ride and they start winning.

I like Tokoto but as I've said here before he seems good for 15 points a game which in this league is pretty consistent and his defence and athleticism (not athletic Homicide) are a joy to watch but will he catch your eye enough for MVP?

All NBL first team this early in the season id say Boone, Ellis, Conger, Trice and Prather

All NBL second team would be Brandt, DJ, Buford, Cotton, Shorter.

Unlucky to miss out is Jawai, he was awesome in his time on court this season

Reply #654489 | Report this post

Tiger  
Years ago

Cameron Tragardh is dominating

Reply #654514 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All NBL first team this early in the season id say Boone, Ellis, Conger, Trice and Prather
Trice? Over Clarke's 19.3 PPG? You didn't fit Clarke into your second team either.

There's an argument for Shorter in the first team, I think. Maybe swap Conger and Trice for Clarke and Shorter.

Reply #654515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton. Clarke. Prather . Ellis. Boone.
For first five.

Shorter. Trice. Buford/Tokoto. Daniel Johnson. Brandt.

Reply #654519 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

@ Isaac, I think Rotnei is a brilliant player and he is in my fantasy team but with a what have you done for me mentality, his efforts vs Wildcats in that last game was dreadful, scored 6 early points and we were like here we go and then he didn't even look like scoring until the last quarter.

I didn't want Shorter or Sosa in those teams and just wrote some names down and thought I'd probably have differing thoughts after this round and I thought Shorter was useless against Breakers and Ware was very good against Cairns... and so that argument continues.

Cairns are a scary prospect, how they dismantled Everything that Perth did in every way as well as made NZ look second rate on their own floor, yet against Adelaide and United they looked absolutely clueless, can't trust any of their players and I think McCarron will be a superstar in the NBL

Reply #654759 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:13 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754