Anonymous
Years ago

New sponsors in-season

Good to see teams attracting sponsors even with the season already started.

Bullets signed Pathion as their main sponsor, so they finally don't have a bare jersey.

Utd last night I noticed had a new sponsor on the jersey - Wagner Vitamins?

Topic #42096 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

Saw the United one on tv last night. Anyone know the official crowd at Hisense last night?

Reply #654835 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Just over 6500. Source: nbl website boxscore

Reply #654837 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Thanks

Reply #654842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see the NBL has re-signed their deal with Wilson Parking. All club members get 10% off the penalty for getting your wheel clamped at the game.

Reply #654845 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers usually fail to attract a major partner until end of the season which begs the questions:

1/ If you're the sponsor what benefit do you get out of a few months? Even a year, you're likely to not establish much of a benefit out of it - more likely to be a forgotten rolling door sponsor. People start to recognize and feel the communal aspect to that brand after a few years: see how Toyota is associated with Adelaide Crows etc.

2/ If you're Adelaide and you manage to attract a brand for a few months - why not try establishing some goodwill and a partnership by offering it for that sort of price for the entire season? Maybe a company might bite, or continue on for the following season. I know they might see it as a bad idea as they want to 'set a price' like the NBL did > but the NBL managed to actually find a sponsor willing to pay the 'right price' while Adelaide hasn't had a major partner since Pura Milk!

Reply #654869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh yeah, Sixers still remain without one. Pathetic organisation over there.

Reply #654875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe give Holden's a call, good South Australian brand. Hang on, whoops!!!

Reply #655017 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

What's the go with the Breakers jersey sponsor on the back, it's all taped over, I thought it may be a sponsor in NZ that wasn't allowed to be sponsored over here but no the black tape was on the back during the 36ers game too.

Has that sponsor gone?

I think getting sponsors during the season is great, whilst not ideal, I love to think that the advertising and other corporate big wigs within a club or even NBL are doing their jobs

Reply #655021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmm, maybe the sponsor stopped making payments?

Reply #655048 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's Carl's Jr, which is probably taped over due to the Hungry Jack's sponsorship.

Reply #655051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's it. NZ would've copped a big hit with HJs coming on board.

Reply #655071 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

So, whats the deal with competing sponsors? Do clubs that have Maccas sponsoring them (Hawks, Taipans) who now have to cover up any Maccas branding get compensated for loss of sponsorship caused by Hungry Jacks coming on board? Assuming that any company would be pissed off for having their logo covered up would mean the end of that sponsorship surely.

Would Hungry Jacks need to pay for their sponsorship and then compensate any clubs on top of that for forcing removal of their competing sponsor? I would hope so. Does this happen in other sports? Have to say i dont notice sponsors being covered up in other professional leagues.

Reply #655206 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754