AngusH
Years ago

Bullets vs Hawks, Fri 3rd Nov

All that talk about turnovers, and Hawks' first possession AJ throws it right at a defender (who luckily doesn't pick it off...)

Topic #42099 | Report this topic

LV  
Years ago

So many fouls on jump shots this season

One on Jervis (Forman) and one on AJ (Buford) there

Reply #654903 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

They're looking more like the Illawarra I expected this season....

Reply #654905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Goulding, The Illawarra Hawks, ... who else have the Chicken Little brigade written off in the last week?

Reply #654906 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Bullets should be force feeding Kickert in the post.

Reply #654907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A player or team has ONE good game in the first month and those who called them out get called out? Yeah ok.

Reply #654909 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Goulding plays one good game in four and you're saying how good he is? He was good last night against cairns. Prather and ware got hot which gave Goulding some easy shots. He barely had any stats but points and 4 turnovers.

Reply #654910 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

trisbane's first half effort punctuated by Terrible defence and offensive sets that lead to few easy baskets, let alone open looks.

Not to mention it's practically 4 on 5 when Te Rangi is on court.

Reply #654911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding is a very good player. Having a slow start after a serious interruption was always on the cards. Maybe have a word to the idiots talking about him being not worthy of starting rather than the person who thought it was likely he would revert back to his usual self after a few weeks.

Reply #654912 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm reluctant to say either Illawarra or Melbourne is back on track after one game (or one half, for the Hawks). Shots are/were dropping, and that seems to be the one big difference.

Reply #654913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's hard to readjust after your last game when you played United who let you do everything with ease offensively. That's what Brisbane are finding.

Reply #654914 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Martin having his best game in recent memory offensively for the Hawks.

Kinda glad the Hawks are going to get this W, maybe they wont be quite as hungry in Sydney on Sunday...

Reply #654917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Bullets should be force feeding Kickert in the post."
Said no one ever. Brisbane are terrible. How long with the LKG support this horrid bunch.

Reply #654918 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Ever seen Kickert in the post (offensively... at least)? One of the best in the league. Maybe THE best in the league. Spends way too much time outside the arc, especially with guys like Trice and Holt who can knock down the 3.

Reply #654920 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think Tai Wesley's got him covered in the post.

Reply #654922 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tai is close, but I give the edge to Kickert because he is better going away from the basket than Tai.

Reply #654923 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Both are about as good as each other on the other end though...

Reply #654924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turengai is not even a state league player. How this clown has a roster on a nbl team is amazing

Reply #654925 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

What was with that last second shot from Rhys Martin...

Reply #654926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About percentage luke

Reply #654928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry angus not luke. Always have luke kendle on the brain haha

Reply #654929 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Do you think the Brisbane coach should be the boomers coach.

Reply #654935 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Brisbane are terrible. How long with the LKG support this horrid bunch."

Given they've just signed a massive major sponsorship deal, a while I reckon.

Reply #654938 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Chris Goulding, The Illawarra Hawks, ... who else have the Chicken Little brigade written off in the last week?"

A couple of weeks ago Shea Ili was "trash".

Reply #654939 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The Bairstow injury has really screwed the Bullets two years running.

Reply #654940 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You've got to be careful not to confuse individual performances with the overall status of a team.

Brisbane beat Melbourne last week, they weren't amazing then, and they're not shithouse now.

I'm pretty sure every team has had a double-figure loss already, and Perth, Adelaide, Illawarra, Sydney, Brisbane and Cairns have already been blown out at least once.

One performance a season does not make.

Reply #654942 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Gussie,

Kickert is greatly ineffective in the post when his defender forces him to use his left hand. He is not strong enough on his non-preferred side to be a go to option in the post

Reply #654993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Given they've just signed a massive major sponsorship deal, a while I reckon."
Well I guess they lose less money this season than the previous one. Not sure who is worse the Bullets or the Kings.

Reply #655001 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Kickert is as soft as a marshmallow and his lack of intensity drives me crazy watching him, he simply doesn't rebound but outside of being an outstanding shooter, his bag of tricks in the post even impresses me and you can tell I'm not his biggest fan.

I know this is a forum about Bullets vs Hawks but have we just read more about Bubbles than what eventuated in the game?

Reply #655023 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Kickert has a tremendous post game, including his ability to make great reads of the D and find the right option which enables an offence to run through him.

Wesley has some nice moves and I think he'd be great in a one-on-one competition, but I'm not sold he makes his team that much better because he can become a black hole.

Reply #655037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754