AngusH
Years ago

United vs Sixers, Sat Nov 4

Sobey off the bench again.

Topic #42105 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

...and Doyle in as first guard off the bench, no Sobey with 1:30 left in the 1st Q.

Reply #655086 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Injured or in the doghouse?

Reply #655087 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Cheeseburger Childress!

Reply #655088 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Doghouse it sounds like.

Reply #655089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gonna be a long night for Cheeseburgeress

Reply #655090 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

I didnt think he was that bad against NZ. Have noticed he has been settling for the jump shot a lot though, is Joey wanting him to take it to the rack more hence why he is sitting him? Or is it defensively where the issue is? You just hope it doesn't shoot his confidence so much that he can’t get back to his top level.

Reply #655091 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If it was just form surely he'd have got on by now? I'm thinking it's disciplinary.

Reply #655092 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

They just confirmed it isn't due to to injury. I just remembered in the breakers game, Sobey got subbed off late in the game and apparently wasn’t happy about at and said something to Joey at the time as per the commentators. Maybe a coach incurred suspension for this - laying down the Law showing who’s in charge?

Reply #655093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the F is Sobey sitting on the bench for???????

Reply #655094 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Come on Joey.

Sobey understands his lesson, now put him on for the second half ffs.

Reply #655095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always tell my kids: get in the trench or ride the bench

Reply #655096 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

He's in!

Reply #655097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow sobey actually in

Reply #655098 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Bizarre. If it were disciplinary you'd expect it to be a full quarter/half/game. If form, only a few minutes. If injury, at least the whole half.

Reply #655099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey always questioning when he's subbed out. Heard him on TV against NZ saying "who me " when sat late in the game.

Reply #655100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tommy Greer - "2 Majoks are better than 1"

DEAD

Reply #655101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bloody arrogant coaching leaving the teams best player off on the road in a must win due to displinary action of some sort. Moment 6ers struggle joey has to put him in... yawn

Reply #655102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaches like myself understand and applaud joey weights decision to discipline his player.

Reply #655103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Respect to Wright for keeping him out. Hopefully the message was received. Learn your lesson Sobey and be a team player.

Reply #655104 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Boone and sobey both barely getting minutes. Nbl coaching is so poor.

Reply #655105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very, very weird.

Sixers fallen in a hole after being up 37-23.

Reply #655106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When players ignore your words, actions are all you have left.

Reply #655107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey Williams is an atrocious commentator. Poster child for the mute button.

Reply #655108 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

I prefer Homicide to Redhage, a man with the personality of a telegraph post. Too much fantasy talk for my taste though

Reply #655109 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Coaches like myself understand and applaud joey weights decision to discipline his player."

"Respect to Wright for keeping him out. Hopefully the message was received. Learn your lesson Sobey and be a team player."

Agreed!

Reply #655110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh please sobey is a fun they need him to fire. Save it for a meeting midweek and tear shreds off him then... Adelaide will want to win this one or it's on Joey for mine.

Reply #655111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If everyone likes you. RE EVALUATE YOUR LIFE MATE
- Corey "Homicide" Williams

Reply #655112 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Homicide continues to crush it

Reply #655113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brunson, Sobey's not a team player?

Reply #655114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A team player buys into the system. It's the only way a system can work.

Reply #655116 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

HAHAHAHA f*** me. That half-time thing wasn't scripted at all.

"Thank you, Game Time by Kmart."

Christ. Who else saw that?

Reply #655118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*gun

Reply #655121 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Joey just dropping the hammer in hat half time interview

Reply #655123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey Wright giving nothing away. Geez, Sobey's done something wrong.

Reply #655124 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

I was more surprised he loves scoochie smith because of his dunks.....don't think the kid has seen scoochie play

Reply #655125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do think Sobey needs to drive to the hoop more, and needs to cut out silly turnovers, but he needs to be playing.

Reply #655126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Daniel Johnson interested in grabbing a rebound? Ever?

Reply #655127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fire Joey Wright

Reply #655128 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha true, Yinka. That bit wasn't scripted

Reply #655129 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Oh please sobey is a fun they need him to fire. Save it for a meeting midweek and tear shreds off him then... Adelaide will want to win this one or it's on Joey for mine."

"Brunson, Sobey's not a team player?"

Welcome back Stud boy. Still having a go at Wright whenever you can.... zzzzz

We don't know what the instructions have been for the team however based on the fact this is the second time he has been benched it is apparent for not following team orders. The first time benching him was a stroke of genius which trolls like you didn't give him credit for. A very under rated thing about this team is that they have one of the best, if not the best cultures in the league. The lesson is more important than this game.

Reply #655130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not one person in the world would give Adam Doyle and Brendan Teys minutes in an NBL game. Couldn't even drop double digits in a social game

Reply #655131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to fire Joey Wright dudes a joke. Doyle can play in traffic too why did he choose basketball as his profession?

Reply #655132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shorten please stop taking rushed shots with no one around to grab a rebound. Friggen sick of it.

Reply #655133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shorter needs to stop doing so many fade away shots if he can't hit them consistently, he's missed a heap so far

Reply #655134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"GIVE ME A TECH"

hahahha

Reply #655135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha Wright. Pathetic.

Reply #655136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so does this mean Sobey can come on with Joey not around?

Reply #655137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey clearly has his emotions under control at all times. Doesn't make irrational decisions or act like a dumbass... never ever

Reply #655138 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Shorter needs to stop doing so many fade away shots if he can't hit them consistently, he's missed a heap so far"

Actually he hit lots of them in the first half.

Reply #655139 | Report this post

Ball  
Years ago

Do a better jobbb

Reply #655140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers rebounding is a disgrace.

Reply #655141 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I tend to agree with that... Joey seems to have thrown this game...

Reply #655142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disgraceful and unprofessional from Wright

Reply #655143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey has seriously thrown the game. Had enough of him, sack him!

Reply #655144 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

To be fair, Joey has had to deal with Michael Allen in both games this week, and Aylen has been pretty terrible In both. But still not a helpful move. This one is looking like it's over.

Reply #655145 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

'Aylen

Reply #655146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey Wrong

Reply #655147 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

As I said earlier...nbl coaches are a joke

Reply #655148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide being exposed for the mentally weak team that they are by two real teams in 48 hours. United are the real deal

Reply #655150 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Oh here we go. United was awful a week ago and Adelaide title favourites. Now Adelaide is "mentally weak" and United the "real deal".

Reply #655151 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, Aylen is arguably the worst ref in the league.

Reply #655152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only reason Joey wright has a job is 36ers are too cheap. Pathetic, came out with no intention to win tonight. Match Fixing

Reply #655153 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Wright has got Gleeson covered easily in a flogging contest atm

Reply #655154 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

0-2 this weekend most likely.
Can the Sixers beat the 1988 Supercars?

Reply #655156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey doesn't care. Sad. Hope this doesn't keep up.

Reply #655157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn that was nice by Goulding

Reply #655160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More to this. You do realise Aylen worked at BSA as Competitions Manager, kept quiet so in the same building, is there history. Sixers has had management changes this last week or too. Multiple injury issues and they fight against teams who have money to burn, no accountability and lets not talk about how frustrating this reffing is for more than half the teams in this PRIVATE LEAGUE. Coaching is intense and when there is issues of not having the money to spend there is a lot going on behind the scenes, pressure on players. Yes Joey is emotional and I am hot and cold with him but thats part of what makes him. Haven't seen many coaches do what he does with small budget local players.

Reply #655165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We saw this team got smacked around by the hawks in the playoffs because of being soft and nothing has changed

Reply #655166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rewatch the games this weekend and take a serious look at the ref calls for Sixers.

Reply #655169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide dissapointers

Reply #655171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam > Sobey

Reply #655172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Rewatch the games this weekend and take a serious look at the ref calls for Sixers."

I don't need to.
Once he gets home LV will give us a full run down of all the ways United were robbed today.

Reply #655174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DANIEL
JOHNSON

At least TRY and grab a rebound. Far out.

Reply #655175 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Aylen for the last few years hasn't been an NBL calibre referee, every game I see him ref, he makes multiple howlers. He needs to hang it up.

Prather has killed the 6ers tonight, our inability to contain penetration is very apparent when we we are up against players of his level.

Reply #655176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOl @ Homocide

At the start of the telecast Tokoto was the best small forward in the league 'right now!'

Now 40 minutes later Prather is the MVP leader

lolololololol

Reply #655177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide would lose an attention span contest to a goldfish so it's no surprise

Reply #655178 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Aylen for the last few years hasn't been an NBL calibre referee, every game I see him ref, he makes multiple howlers. He needs to hang it up."

Agreed and every year he will still get given the NBL finals no matter how much he stuffs up.

"Aylen worked at BSA"

Did a shit job there as well.

Reply #655180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey has been disgusting in the minutes he has got. Heads not in the game.

Reply #655181 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

The Sixers have also scored 41 points only since the 1st quarter, not going to get it done against a team that can score like United

Reply #655183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aylen giving the united player pat on the back. I got you fellas

Reply #655184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a sign up that says 'Go Hard or go to Sydney'

Reply #655185 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's been there for three years.

Reply #655186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey has regrets he knocked the Perth offer. lool

Reply #655187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is childress good at?
He is the slowest laziest person on the team and can't shoot.

Reply #655190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there somewhere I can see the post match interviews if they don't show on nbltv?

Reply #655192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The first potential trade in NBL history is apparently in the works.

Reply #655193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey for Kevin White?

Reply #655196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just exposes the con that Joey is. United aren't that good and the Sixers were terrible. Oh that's Wright Joey's locked into a stupid long term contract.

Reply #655202 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

Come on guys don't believe that so many taking that utter disgraceful effort and total disatrous coaching by Joey . Not only has he sucked all the confidence out of this group and has no idea how to use all the talent he has or obtain any sort of defensive pressure.
Then to ask to get tech.fouled and sent off is totally not acceptable to his team the club and all of us that pay most of his wages.
I know the club has given him a long contract but I want to see this ego driven walking disaster gone.
Before jump and say another Joey basher then look back at my posts you will find been sitting on fence re Joey.
But this team player for player is one of best we have had for a long time and those last 3 games have been awful.
Yes I know we beat Cairns but have another look at how bad we payed in that game .
I for one will be contacting club about that disgrace.

Reply #655207 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

36ERS put up a terrible perfomance,total lack of interest & effort from the players,something must be done.We have better players playing in local leagues.

Reply #655209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People on this forum have very short memories the 36ers went through this last season and were sitting last after 9 games with 6 losses and people were calling for Joey to be sacked and team turn it around.

Reply #655210 | Report this post

NannasAlwaysRight  
Years ago

I've never heard my Nanna say this and never will again when she declared after the double tech;

SACK THE C#$T!
If he don't wanna coach or cant handle the heat, sack him

At 101, she has quite a few wise words and there is one of them

Reply #655211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4 more years of this shit: what was Joey going to do if he wasn't offered 5 years? Not take a 2 year deal? Not bloody likely. Weak at the helm when things aren’t going great, lives the praise when the team performs though.

Reply #655223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many refs do the nbl have?
Every time I flick it on that blonde girl is reffing or the guy that has a face like a pig and is overweight.

Reply #655226 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Give it a rest Guys. You do realise that playing in NZ and Melbourne are amongst the hardest venues to play right now?

Reply #655234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey is overated and where were the assistants stepping up when needed. Yes we have the only female assistant but all she does is hug that clipboard like its a baby.

Reply #655236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, there is more salt here than at the beach.

Reply #655239 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Where are all those anonymous losers from last Saturday who were saying Melbourne are rubbish?

Wright should focus on getting his team playing D instead of whinging at the refs.

United on the other hand have played exceptional D over past 2 (except first quarter tonight).

Still, Adelaide will be a different proposition with Sobey back out of the doghouse and Childress fit and firing.

Reply #655269 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

So Lovebroker did you think Joeys behaviour was acceptable then do you.
Did you think his theatrics with selection , team organisation , leadership and then of course not just get a tech foul but demand it and eviction.
Do you think this packed team playing anywhere their ability and how last 3 games just pure effort has created offensive rebounds and loose balls etc from opposition.
Cannot believe any strong supporter of Sixers is not worried and angry with what occurred tonight .

Reply #655270 | Report this post

J-dogg  
Years ago

https://youtu.be/W3VjtaQ339k

Reply #655283 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

Plenty of season to go yet. Childress will get better.

Hopefully Joey will keep up the fast paced game but try and balance our offense a bit more. He seems to refuse to encourage more shooting from the perimeter and its killing us. Where are the set plays for our treys.

From 3 pt land 6/19. Previous game 5/12. Just not good enough. The constant driving into traffic brought us to 8 blocks tonight and god knows how many misses. We have plenty of talent on the drive but seem to make the hardest possible shots after giving up open three point opportunities.

The weaker our outside game, the easier it is to contract defense knowing we're going to keep driving into trouble, again and again and again.

I believe Joey needs to bring a few more players up to scratch from range which will better open up the drive to the hoop for us.

Nathan Sobey? Not sure making him stand in the corner to humiliate him for whatever he's done is the best way to bring him back to scratch!

Joey Wright? Not sure being deliberately ejected from the game will be an effective protest against the poor umpiring! There must be protocols for complaints and I hope the club follows them up!

C'mon Sixers!

Reply #655285 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Hahaha, "heavens above". nice vid, j-dogg

Reply #655292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meh, Joey Wright has been embarrassing the 36ers with his antics for years now. I dont like his style, my gut says he is very fake, knows how to manipulate players, which to some degree is apart of the gig, but is out of his depth when the push comes to shove. My concern is he pissing young Sobey off too much. Sobey is alot more valuable to the team and its fans than Joey Wright ever will be.

Reply #655293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne aren't that great. Joey has travelled the road as a coach of a few teams that were funded by dodgy people.
Now with a team that he has to be accountable for, the said experts as owners with Joey producing limited success have appointed him to a long term stupid arse decision to hire a coach with no real cred to a long term contract. Stupid decision. Followed by the Big guy as well.
Management have got it so wrong for so many years in Adelaide.

Reply #655298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did Aylen give Joey a tech just because he asked for one? That's not really abusing the referee, is it?

Reply #655316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a bunch of dickheads, same as last year calling for sacking until minor premiership then team messed up in a series then same idiots came out again. Now after loss they return. You guys are the embarrassment not Wright, if sitting bottom of ladder regularly then have your opinion. And better to set standards re Sobey and show no-one is greater than team even if it results in a few losses.

Reply #655319 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think the last poster says it all - lots of bog gravy in this thread!

Reply #655419 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

An article on the NBL, centred on the spectator experience of this match

NBL shows signs of life, and Ben Simmons could be the biggest boost yet

(Seems like Aaron Fearne isn't the only non-fan of Melbourne's courtside announcer)

Only an all-pervasive court announcer, the bete noire of modern sport for those who like to watch a game without being under constant aural assault, continued to intrude on the action.

MC Nincompoop

Reply #655645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nicely said.

Reply #655647 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:52 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754