Duke Fan
Years ago

Kings V Hawks 5/11

Does anyone really care which team will suck less today?

Topic #42115 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

Silly comment.
Hawks should get up

Reply #655378 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Sydney will win. For betting Hawks +1.5

Reply #655396 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Hawks should have the confidence advantage given the last game both teams played... I'd back the Hawks, but this is the 2nd straight home game I've had to miss and the Kings got the W for the first one, so maybe I'm the jinx.

Reply #655398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Hawks. Put Coach Gaze out of his misery and end his career.

Reply #655399 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Can the commentators be neutral! It's volume down unfortunately.

Reply #655402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel sorry for any Sydney supporters

Reply #655405 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

That's gotta hurt

Reply #655406 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

(AJ's knee > Cadee)

Reply #655407 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Humphries really isn't bad

Reply #655408 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Anyone know why Ogilvy is constantly shaking his head and acting like his dog died? Plus the exchange with Conger

Reply #655409 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I've actually noticed that Conger never passes the ball to AJ. Perhaps they don't like each other

Reply #655410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings have only played 3 bench players, and one of those was Singh for 2min

Reply #655411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The same usual offenders for the Hawks AJ and Martin the turnover kings.

Reply #655412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks to win this.

Sydney Bench Kendle (11min), Humphries (15min), Singh (2 min).

Hawks bench has had 5 players play between 8 and 14min. Can see the Sydney starters fading, especially after a trip to Perth

Reply #655413 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

There is still time left but JvG, you are going to want to make sure this imminent big of your is damn good.

The open letter to the Kings management stated the Kings Lion got fired, I just saw the Kings lion.

Reply #655415 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

See ya Leslie

Reply #655416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't understand how kings can be playing their 2nd game in 3 days, including a trip to Perth, and only basically play 7 players today.

Hawks bench players played a combined 65min, Kings only around 37min.

Reply #655417 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The guy that played the Lion for years isn't with the team anymore, but there is still a lion.

Never thought I'd advocate Kendle over Leslie, but if we aren't going to bring in a PG then it's probably the best idea.

Reply #655418 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The open letter to the Kings management stated the Kings Lion got fired, I just saw the Kings lion.
You know it's a costume, right?

Reply #655421 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Thank you for the clarification, but I thought the Lion itself was put to storage.

Reply #655422 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What are you saying Kobe? Isn't it a real lion?

Reply #655423 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Found him

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gay-pride-lions-doncaster-yorkshire-wildlife-park-russ-bridges-a7917171.html

Reply #655424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know why Cody Ellis is not getting court time?

Reply #655426 | Report this post

NBL Burger King  
Years ago

Is there any interviews?

Reply #655427 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Yeah the mascot has always been there and it wasn't only the one person donning it. Not sure which of those persons the open letter referred to. Noel?

Leslie has made it known that he's still carrying an ankle injury and its pretty evident today with no explosiveness left in the second half. Its probably becoming more sore the longer he plays and he's trying to hide it. Unfortunately, its a professional business and being injured as an import in the NBL means you may have to be released.

This import big thing is dragging out longer than it has to be. A quarter of the season gone, they have to go at least 12-8 from here on. Lisch is going to need time to get back to 100% and the import has to acclimatise. The way I see it, the best they can do is improve to a 50-50 team and that won't be enough to go into finals.

The names thrown around for that big didn't sound very impressive either and sounds like money is an issue despite the spin. I'm guessing not many is interested to play for a wooden spooner for a bargain. The best of the lot have played with Ellis before and despite the massive NBA upside, is somewhat inexperienced. That'd be like having 2 Humphries which could be disastrous.

Reply #655428 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

2 Humphries would be OK IMO... Humphries with 10 fouls is pretty much what we need at the 5 spot.

Reply #655429 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Haa haa...good call.

Reply #655431 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Inevitable in the end. Better coached team, playing to it's strengths. Rotnei Clarke is a freak!!. At least half of his shots from outside are bad shots, well defended, hand in face etc but his conversion rate on those bad shots is probably higher than if he was wide open. Neither team can defend to save themselves so Hawks might be around at playoffs but they will only be making up the numbers unless AJ has a makeover.

Reply #655433 | Report this post

NBL Burger King  
Years ago

Shame they never show the interviews.

Reply #655434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know at schools how they have special helpers for the special needs kids? Maybe the NBL needs to employ one of those for the Sydney Kings just to help them out! Just a suggestion..

Reply #655455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They just need a decent centre and Lisch back IMO.

Reply #655456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New import arriving this week. TALL.

Reply #655466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So ex-Kansas?

Reply #655469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't told where he was from but due maybe wed / thursd

Reply #655472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steve2K said linked to Ellis from the way I read it.

Reply #655475 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

#lesliegone. Zero effort. No import can be that bad, unless he intentionally wants to go. Let's see if management has the guts to make changes this year.

Reply #655491 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Leslie playing like a man that has already been cut .... to make room for import centre. There's no way he can be that bad.

Reply #655498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After listening to gaze press conference after today loss to the hawks, I've come to the
unfortunate realisation as a long time kings fan, gaze has no answers to how he can turn the team around and make the finals.

His answers were rumblings of team breakdowns that hurts the team and ultimately cause them to loose games. But they are breakdowns that been happening since the start of the season that he as the coach is responsible for correcting!! He then rumbles on
talking about how good the Hawks played. WTF!

Chatting to a couple former kings players at the halftime of todays game, they both agreed the talk is about bringing in a import Big and replacing Leslie isn't the problem completely.

They were adamant gaze is the problem! And.. they are embarrassed as ex players to watch the current team and feel by the time they bring in a import the season will be too far gone for the kings to make the finals and will most likely be Back 2 Back wooden spooners.

Reply #655501 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Cadee another game of huge minutes doing nextvto nothing. In the next game I'd start the following
Humpries
Ellis
Newley
Leslie
Kendle

Leslie has stuggled but still think he offers more than cadee. Blanchfield finally did ok but he is also getting destroyed by opposition pf

Reply #655504 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Cliff Alexander maybe?

Reply #655513 | Report this post

D2  
Years ago

Gaze is one of the best players Australia has ever produced. Certainly the best to spend the bulk of his career in the NBL.
He also seems to be a genuinely decent and sincere guy.
But who ever said he could coach?

Reply #655514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JVG.

Reply #655531 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Sydney with a good Centre and Lisch back, and a PG instead of Leslie would be good

Import
Ellis
Newley
Lisch
Import

Humphries
Garlepp
Blanchfield
Cadee

Is a strong 9 man rotation as long as the PG and C are decent

A shame they stuffed it up so badly though

Reply #655533 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

Don't forget that Blanchfield negotiated a starting spot as part of this contract. So he needs to start at the 3 or 4...for now.

Reply #655535 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

The best I'm referring to isn't necessarily signed yet.

Interestingly, news just came in this morning... Kevin Dillard just released by PAOK. You need a do it all PG?

Reply #655539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard 2 imports on the way. 1 pg and the original tall.

Reply #655709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the above is true, Leslie and Kendle are both history. It's the right move, but I question if Van Groningen is smart enough or sensible enough to make it, especially when he was the one who built this facade in the first place and a move like that proves how wrong he was to begin with. Can he admit his mistakes?

Reply #655738 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

any clues?

Reply #655743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I asked and no names were forthcoming. But 1 magically turned into 2. Let's hope 2 is the right rumour. Let's equally hope that JVG doesn't have team control next season. Equally Gaze hasn't got a clue about player selection.

Reply #655748 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Are they expected before saturday?

Reply #655752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The tall is expected, the PG if true unknown.

Reply #655755 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:40 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754