Anonymous
Years ago

Porzingis vs Ewing

With the unicorns streak at the moment it finally has Knicks fans excited for future first time since Ewing got drafted. Although Patrick never got championship and copped a lot of flak from hardest fans in league, this is probably the most optimistic fans could have been since then. Imagine if they had taken Smith in draft.
Question is, can the Knicks build around Porzingis or will they go out and throw money at mediocre free agents as in past? And does this redeem Phil in hindsight by originally drafting him and wanting to dump Carmelo which seems to have been successful.
And also, would you take him or Dirk?

Topic #42137 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

I'm happy they went with a frank. If his upside comes into fruition, it will pay off big time.
Hopefully they don't go after silly free agents. You never know with the Knicks however. You'd think they'll have to listen to Porz going into the future in regards to who they sign. Also hopefully he learns from past mistakes of greedy free agents and doesn't force them to give him max at the detriment of the team picking more talent up.
Phil absolutely put this team together. You can make argument that his forcefulness in the triangle strangled the team a bit. I think it would've only worked with him as the coach though. Melo trade originally was terrible, and the decision to force him out was great. Can't really be argued.
You'd take Dirk now for his past (and a ring) but if Porz continues on his path and stays healthy, then he's the easy pick for me.

Reply #656143 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:00 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754