Duke Fan
Years ago

What's going on with OKC?

What's going on there? Shocked to see them below even the Lakers in the west.
Carmello cursed?
Not enough basketballs to go around?

Fines handed out today to coach and players for ill discipline. They need to get it together

Topic #42142 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Westbrook is a force of nature, but not always the best decision maker, and it shows through where the modern game is about getting every single tiny advantage? And then you have that Melo Ewing-Theory thing.

They will combust soon if they don't sort it out.

Reply #656234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carmelo is a cancer.

Reply #656238 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Two low-efficiency volume scorers with Melo/Westbrook was always going to be interesting, but I think once their team D improves they'll be better. They remind me of the Heat in the first year of the big three right now, with most of the halfcourt play (the first couple of games of the season I watched, at least) looking like I go/You go.

Reply #656249 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Inconsistent, the first half against Boston was amazing basketball, the second, amazingly bad basketball.

Reply #656268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What exactly does Carmelo do apart from shoot? Exactly.

Reply #656276 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"but I think once their team D improves they'll be better"

Clearly you haven't been paying attention, as OKC are 2nd in defensive efficiency...

I've heard this so much because everyone assumes OKC will have no trouble getting scores, when that's their real issue: they're 21st in offensive efficiency!

Westbrook and Melo are overrated, and Donovan hasn't shown he can coach offense.

Westbrook cost them a win against Boston: with a few mins to go he fouls Kyrie on a 3-pointer (which he makes) and instead of boxing out Kyrie on the free throw, he hunts for the rebound (to get his triple double), gives up an O-board to Kyrie and the Celtics score to extend the lead.

Reply #656295 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not sure what's happened since the first 3 games of the season, I haven't watched them since then. Don't know what the advanced stats say about that stretch either, but my eyes saw a lot of room for improvement defensively, even in the couple of wins.

Reply #656304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

George and Anthony don't play defense and the sg spot is trash.

Reply #656305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They haven't recovered from Kyle Adnam torching them in the pre-season.

Reply #656306 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Once again Westbrook costs OKC a win.

Reply #656613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The big three were all exactly averaging 20.1ppg, at least they're sharing scoring role. But this is probably problem, no-one is being alpha dog out there. Would be close to career lows apart from early days for a couple of them.

Reply #656630 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

George is a great defender and defence isn't their problem. Iso offence is their problem. They run zero plays offensively and just end up jacking up junk shots time after time.

Everyone keeps saying they'll come good but it's got a whiff of the 2012-13 Lakers about it.

Reply #656638 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:44 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754